Tummy Tuck or Lipo Will Get Rid of my Stretch Marks with Loose Skin? (photo)

I lost 70 lbs and have been steady at 150-160 for over 8 years now and my skin has not restored itself. I have a lot of stretch marks on my stomach, hips, and back. I was going to get plastic surgery and tattoos after the procedure. I am aiming for a 6 pack but with tattoos to cover scars. I am 28 yrs old.

Stretch Marks Liposuction

+1
Liposuction alone will not improve stretch marks.
In addition to the options which have been offered stretch marks may be improved with fat injections if they are not flat.
Flat stretch marks may be improved with medical tatooing to replace the lost pigment in the skin. 
Please consult in person with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making treatment decisions.

Tummy Tuck or Lipo to get rid of loose skin and stretch marks

+1

Hello and thank you for your question.

Depending on the location of stretch marks, some of them can be removed with an abdominoplasty procedure. Liposuction will not remove any stretch marks, and may not even be an option depending on how stretched the skin is. I would recommend seeking out a board certified plastic surgeon to get your questions answered properly.

Best of luck to you.

Liposuction vs. Tummy tuck post weight loss

+1

Liposuction addresses the exercise resistant pockets of fat and will help in contouring your body to an extent. However, the bigger & more persistent problem post weight loss is the loose skin & stretch marks. These can be addressed only by surgical excision (tucks). If you are ok with tattoos, they can be really handy to camouflage the scars, as well as the remaining stretch marks.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticssurgerycentre.com/tummy-tuck.php

India Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction V Tummy Tuck After Weight Loss

+1

Most people that lose a substantial amount of weight have deflated skin that does not bounce back. Liposuction is good to improve your body  contour and will allow you to look better in clothes.  However, stretch marks and skin excess in the abdomen can only  be removed with a tummy tuck.  If you like tatoos, they can be used to hide a scar.

Web reference: http://www.maryleepetersmd.com

Lipo v tummy tuck

+1

ALthough liposuction could improve you contour, you do also have extra skin. If you do not have a procedure to decrease this (i.e. tummy tuck) I think you will be unhappy with the results. 

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck or Lipo Will Get Rid of my Stretch Marks with Loose Skin?

+1

Tummy tuck probably makes more sense from your description.  I would have to examine you to be more definitive about the best plan for you.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com

#Liposuction or #TummyTuck for Stretch Marks

+1

Unfortunately, the only way to remove stretch marks is through surgical excision. Liposiction will not improve this. You also will only see improvement in the stretch marks in the area where the skin is removed. Thus, most tummy tuck patients only see a removal of stretch marks in the area beneath the belly button. 

You should see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a formal opinion through and in-person consultation.

Vincent Marin, MD

Lipo Will Not Improve Stretch Marks

+1

Lipo will not improve your stretch marks.  In fact it could make them more noticeable.  A tummy tuck will remove most of the stretch marks which located below your belly button.