What is the best route for revision on mini tummy tuck with floating belly button? (Photo)

Over 2.5 years ago I had a mini tummy tuck with floating belly button and full muscle repair. Obviously at this point the skin has settled into where it will stay and there is still a lot of lax skin above the belly button. Should I be looking for someone who specializes in reverse tummy tucks or do I have options for repair the traditional way?

TT after mini-TT with float

+2
Difficult problem.Since this is only 2.5 years later, I would suspect a full TT would have been a better choice back then.

Choices now are full TT or reverse TT. Each has pros and cons.

The con for a reverse TT is the scar under the breasts and crossing the midline, and this can be hard to hide in a swimsuit.  The other is that if there is still some laxity below the navel, this will not be addressed. 

The con for a full TT is that the natural blood supply to the navel is gone, and there is a chance that an incision around the navel will jeopardize its vascular supply. 

An inperson discussion with a plastic surgeon will help sort out the options.

All the best. 

What is the best route for revision on mini tummy tuck with floating belly button?

+2
Appears as a poor choice initially. Either convert to full TT or Reverse TT are the only surgical options left for you. 

Revision tummy tuck

+2
A reverse tummy tuck places an incision under your breasts and low cut clothing or certain swimsuit tops may expose your incision. It will address your isolated upper abdominal loose skin however it is rarely performed. 2.5 years after a mini-tummy tuck might allow you to still have a traditional full abdominoplasty. After any surgery neo-vascularization occurs and your belly button may have a new blood supply from below. However you need to be made aware your belly button skin may still not survive.

Navanjun S. Grewal, MD

Reverse abdominoplasty

+1
You may be a good candidate for reverse abdominoplasty, if you are willing to tolerate the scar which would be located across both the inframammary folds beneath your breasts.  This would re-tighten your upper abdominal tissues safely, while maintaining the blood supply to the navel and your lower abdominal tissues.  Seek out a plastic surgeon near you for evaluation-- no one can provide accurate information to you without an in-person consultation.  Best regards,
-Erik Hoy, M.D.

Erik Hoy, MD
Newark Plastic Surgeon

Floating belly button

+1
Hello to you.  This is a very difficult situation.  A standard tummy tuck where you cut around the belly button to free it when you pull skin down will probably cause necrosis (death of the belly button skin).  If you float in anymore, it will be in a very low position.  You  should consider a 'reverse' tummy tuck where you tighten the upper belly by pulling upwards to cut.  The only drawback is a scar under the breasts and across the skin between the breasts. 

Robert J. Spies, MD
Paradise Valley Plastic Surgeon