What is the Cost of Vivera Retainers over the Course of a Lifetime?

I'm being told that I will have to wear a retainer forever after my Invisalign treatment. If I'm meant to use a new one every 3 months for the rest of my life, that seems like a real racket to me. My doctor has hinted that they can really last up to 6 months, but still I'm looking at a medical cost for the rest of my life.

Vivera is a different cost for each city

+1

They  work great but each city will have a different fee just llike anthing else. Each retainer usuall lasts about 6 months with the last couple sets lasting a year or more because you arent wearing them as long as the first set.

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Vivera - the Cadillac of retainers

+1

Vivera is great because you have a lifelong plan for keeping the teeth in the spot where they are supposed to be.  I have met many people who have lost their retainers and stopped using them because they broke. 

With Vivera part of the plan is to have new ones continually made and shipped to you.  However, there is the cost you have to consider.  Traditional retainers will be less expensive and should do the job, but you have to have a little more initiative to get back to the dentist to have new ones made if you break or lose them.

M. Andrew Atwood, DDS
Bellevue Cosmetic Dentist

Invisalign's retainer program

+1

The Vivera retainer program is an Invisalign program (as opposed to something profitable for your dentist) costing around $400 per year. So...how many years are you going to live?? Jokes aside -- I, personally like the Vivera program, because every 3 months your teeth are in a new appliance that keeps them in the corrected finish position. There is a tendency for your teeth to shift a bit otherwise. Other options -- you may have traditional orthodontic retainers made. These may not keep your teeth in the exact finish position, however it would be a better option than nothing...and you buy just one set.

Susan Goode Estep, DMD
Atlanta Cosmetic Dentist