How much will it cost to have Ugly scar removed or covered? (photo)

I was recently in a car accident and got a puncture wound on the left side of my breast under the arm pit which required 6 stitches how much will this cost to be covered up..ugly scar

Scar Revision for Puncture Wound

+1

Hi Pam. It's too soon to make a recommendation. While it's likely that the outcome will be a visible scar, no one knows how it's going to look 3 or 6 months from now.

Fractional laser resurfacing can be used for indented or hypertrophic (raised) scars. Pulsed dye lasers can be used for redness and Kenalog injections can also be used for raised scars. There are good options.

A little patience is advisable for the time being and then post new pictures after you have given it a couple months.

Most of the scar will go away

+1

Dear forneypamela,

Most of the appearance of the injury you sustained appears to be bruising which will go away with time. The actual puncture wound will result in a scar but we will not know how that looks for at least a couple of months. I would give it 2-3 months at a minimum to reassess. At that time either laser treatment or scar revision can be performed. Expect to pay around 1000-2000 dollars on average.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD