How Much Does It Cost for Tooth Replacement

How much does it cost for tooth replacement, After becoming pregnant I had serious gum problems which has made the gum reseed on my bottom 2 teeth. What are the options, I am a singer so obviously my teeth and smile are everything

Dental implants last a long time when they replace teeth

+1

But with only gum recession, you may not need to replace any.  Gum recession is often treated with a graft procedure, placing tissue over the area and letting it heal.  If that is possible, that would be the route I would suggest, if not, then dental implants are the best next option.  

There are 3 fees to think about when doing implants:  the implant, the connector (abutment) and the crown.  The average fee will be around $4000 for all three.  Some offices have a low fee for one part and raise the fee for another to appear like they are lower cost.  The reality is we are all around the same fee in the end.

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist

Save teeth dont replace them!

+1

Make sure that the gum recession has ended and seek the care of a trained periodontist. Gum grafting or surgery is a lot easier than pulling the teeth and doing implants. If the teeth are extremely loose then extraction may be the only answer. Giving a fee for implants on line is not practical because the presurgical treatment adds to the cost.

Michael J. Thomas, DDS
Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Lower incisors

+1

The best option in case of severe gum recession on the lower teeth is extraction with bone graft and implant replacement.

Antoaneta Barba, DDS
Santa Ana Cosmetic Dentist

Implant costs

+1

Dental implants involve the placement of the actual implant body in bone, placement of an abutment or extension to accept a dental crown and the crown.  Depending on type or manufacturer of the implant components, area of the country, skill of the dental surgeon and difficulty of the case the implant process is about $4000 per tooth.  Cases that involve multiple implants will usually see a reduced cost for placement of second and subsequent implant bodies.

Other factors that impact on the cost of implants are the need to extract the diseased tooth for implant placement, treatment of any infection present and bone augmentation.  If the healed placement of the implant is not in the optimal position or direction, a customized abutment may be needed and are generally more costly than their readily available stock counterparts.

Treatment options for your case may include a single implant supporting a single crown made to aesthetically appear as two teeth or placement of a four unit dental bridge.  All these ideas are based on your needing to sacrifice these teeth due to severe gum disease.  If the recession is not extreme, a tissue graft could solve your aesthetic concerns.

Marc Zive, DMD
Springfield Cosmetic Dentist

Saving your tooth should be a priority

+1

Gum recession does not indicate the need for tooth replacement.  You should have an exam to determine why you had the recession, the condition of the tooth and how it can be repaired before it gets worse. 

Dental Implants are spectacular but there is nothing like your own tooth. Realistic attempts that are predictable at saving your tooth is essential. If all else fails implants are always an option. Keep with your regular dental appointments and not only "it hurts" appointments as it will save you lots of money and frustration in the future.

Jonathan Abenaim, DMD
Ridgewood Cosmetic Dentist

Receding Gums and Tooth Replacement

+1

Gum recession does not necessarily mean teeth need replacing. I would advise consultation with an esthetic dentist and periodontist. It is quite possible that with a little periodontal therapy that the gum recession could be resolved. If the teeth cannot be saved then implat(s) or a fixed bridge are your best options although periodontal concerns still need to be addressed so the restorations can be as esthetic as possible.

Good luck!

Brad Lockhart, DDS
Tustin Cosmetic Dentist

Implant fees

+1

You have three fees:

The implant body (the cylinder placed in the bone)=$2000

The abutment post (the part that protrudes out from the gumline)=$600

The crown (the artificial tooth)=$1500

These are my fees. I have 23 years of experience and do implants all day, every day and teach on the the lecture circuit as well. 

Mitchell A. Josephs, DDS
Palm Beach Cosmetic Dentist

+1

Just because the gum has receded doesn't mean the teeth need to be replaced with implants. The key is how much bone is around the teeth. Gum tissue can be grafted to cover the recession. A periodontist could tell you your best options. If you do need implants, $4000 to $5000 per implant is a rough guideline, but you might be able to replace two lower front teeth with one implant.

Paul D. Kantor, DDS
Cleveland Cosmetic Dentist

Tooth Replacement is Not Your Only Option

+1
Pregnancy can often times severely affect the gums due to the changes in hormone levels. For this reason is it highly important to visit your dentist on a regular basis for cleanings during the pregnancy. When the tissues are inflamed, infected and start to recede, you may need to see a Periodontist (gum specialist) for further evaluation of the area. Gum recession does not necessarily warrant tooth loss or tooth replacement unless it is severely advanced periodontitis (loss of gum and bone structure). Your general dentist can refer you to a Periodontist. The Periodontist may be able to treat the area with tissue grafting. If you do need to have the teeth extracted, implants are always a wonderful treatment option if you are a candidate. Your Periodontist can also evaluate the area to determine if Implants would be the right choice for you. I highly recommend you see your General Dentist and discuss these options with your dentist. I would also recommend you ask to have the area evaluated by a trained Periodontist. Good luck!

Parnaz Aurasteh, DDS
Beverly Hills Cosmetic Dentist