What is the Cost for Silicone Breast Implants? Are There Various Options?

Hi, I was interested in silicone breast implants. Are there a variety of options out there to choose from? Are they as safe as saline, and do they ripple as much? Thanks

Silicone gel Breast Implants

+1

The FDA has approved the use of silicone gel breast implants and so they were found to be safe (they are known to ripple less than the saline breast implants).  You and your surgeon can discuss the different options of implants you have.

In regards to fees....each surgeon’s fees will be different depending on many factors.  Factors such as the certification of the surgeon, the experience of the surgeon, if the surgery is performed in the office or in a hospital / outpatient surgery center, if performed under general anesthesia and who is administering the anesthesia.  Don’t choose your surgeon ONLY by price, make sure they can achieve your goals.

In Southern California, the range can be $5500-$7500.  

Cost of silicone implants

+1

The cost for breast augmentation surgery using silicone implants will vary across the country.  In central Florida, the price range is roughly $5000-7500.00.  This is providing that a mastopexy procedure is not required in addition to augmentation. 

Jeffrey Hartog, MD

+1

You ask all great questions but best to see a few boarded PSSs in your area. In Miami fees for silicone vary from $4500 to %7500. 

Cost Of Silicone Breast Implants

+1

The cost of silicone breast implants is approximately double the cost of saline implants (cost of implants only, not cost of procedures).  Silicone implants have been deemed safe by the FDA, hence their allowed return to the marketplace.  I feel that silicone implants give a more natural appearance and are less likely than saline to ripple and wrinkle.  The total costs will vary widely.  In my practice, the total cost is approximately $4,600 for saline implants and approximately $5,400 for silicone implants (my fee, implants, supplies, facility, anesthesia, etc.).

John Whitt, MD

Silicone implants

+1

The fee for implant surgery will vary around the country. Silicone implants are very safe and tend to have less rippling than saline.

Silicone breast augmentation

+1

There are no standard costs as they are set by each physician.  The gel implants are felt to be as safe as saline by the FDA and they are very popular not because of their look, but more because of the feel with less ripples and wrinkles.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS