How Much Can Cost Me to Get Me Scars Remove?

I am african with alot of scars on my legs from my childhood and would like to know if any doctor can treat me and the cost of it...thanks

Whitish Scars May Respond Well To Medical Microneedling Plus Topical Tyrosine

+2

From the photo, it appears that there are two distinct problems that must be addressed. The first is the obvious hyperpigmentation surrounding the whitish central scars. In such instances, I would opt to treat the hyperpigmentation with a series of superfical peels, such as Jessner's solution, salicylic acid, or glycolic acid peels performed in office combined with the home use of skin lightening agents, either prescription or OTC. Once the surrounding hyperpigmentation is improved, I would then turn my attention to the obvious hypopigmented scarring.

Medical microneedling may represent a viable, minimally invasive option for improving the color and texture of whitish scars. Medical microneedling has been used successfully for years to treat all kinds of scars, including those arising from trauma, as in this case, acne, surgical, and even infection conditions, such as from chicken pox.

Microneedling, which may be performed either manually with a roller or a motorized device using only topical or local anesthesia, employs an array of needles that pierce the surface of the scar to break up the surface tissue and create microchannels. This, too, allows for new collagen formation, but also makes possible the transferring (auto-transplanting) of functioning pigment producing cells from the surrounding normal area into the scar area. When this is combined with the application of tyrosine, the essential chemical involved in natural pigment production, the process of repigmenting can be enhanced. Medical microneedling, too, yields best results when performed as a series of two to four treatment sessions at six week intervals. If so desired, a small test area can be chosen for treatment in order to gauge the potential success of the approach in a particular individual. The daily home use of rollers bearing needles of sufficient depth, also combined with the application of tyrosine, can supplement the in-office sessions.

Melarase cream for dark scars

+2

These hyperpigmented scars can be lightened gradually using Melarase cream twice daily with an exfoliant. Raffy Karamanoukian, Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Cost of scar removal

+2

Unfortunately, without photos, I can't recommend a treatment program or the fee associated with one. Please post photos. Happy 4th.

Robert L. Kraft, MD