What Options Do I Have To Address Lip Lines? How Long Does Each Treatment Usually Last?

How much would it cost to get rid of lip lines and how long would each treatment be effective for?

Best Options for Treating Lip Lines

+1

"Lipstick lines" or lines around the lips are the result of muscle movement and loss of collagen and elastic fibers.  I like using a combo therapy of plumping up the lips with hyaluronic acid fillers to restore volume and the CO2 laser to tighten skin and soften lines.  This combination of treatments is the most effective!  The CO2 laser treatment lasts forever as we continue to age and the hyaluronic acid filler lasts, on average 3 to 6 months.

Palm Springs Dermatologic Surgeon

For deep lip lines CO2 laser is effective, reliable

+1

Lip lines are a common complaint of patients seeking facial rejuvenation. Although these are difficult to treat, there are many options.

Short-term options include Botox and injectable fillers. Botox can be used to relax the muscles in the lip area which cause these wrinkles to form over time. Although not always effective with deep lines, Botox can be effective in younger patients to soften this area. Botox typically lasts anywhere from 3-4 months. Injectable fillers can be an option for a more longer term treatment. These can be injected directly into peri-oral lines as well as provide lip enhancement and lip enhancement can provide further camouflage.

More long-term solutions include deep chemical peels and CO2 laser. Of all the treatments for deep lip lines, I have found CO2 laser to be the most effective and reliable in providing correction. It is a great option for those who are done with the sun and want to make a real difference in how their lips and peri-oral area look.

Greenwood Facial Plastic Surgeon

Aging lines of the lips

+1

I prefer and have good results with CO2 laser and subcision. I like that better than fillers because the result is more even and lasts longer.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.