How Much Cost Will Rhinoplasty Add to my Septoplasty?

My insurance will pay for the Septoplasty part....about how much more could I expect to pay if I had some cosmetic work done as well? I really want a functional, and smaller nose.

Rhinoplasty costs when performing a septoplasty for insurance reasons

+2

The costs for rhinoplasty vary depending upon your geographic region. Certainly, one should expect to spend less to have your external features corrected if you are having a functional surgery at the same time. Our costs for the rhinoplasty is normally 3500 to 4500 for the professional fee. For patients undergoing a simultaneous septoplasty we typically reduce our fees to around 2500 dollars for the cosmetic portion. I hope this information helps but figures for the cosmetic portion vary around the country from about 4500 to 10000 dollars so check around.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost of Septorhinoplasty

+1

The cost of septorhinoplasty will vary depending on your geographic location, surgeon, and insurance company. In general, doing both the cosmetic and functional work at the same time will cost less. If your surgeon can get pre-operative authorization from your insurance company, it may clarify your personal responsibility.

Cost of rhinoplasty

+1

The cost of the cosmetic component to your nasal surgery eally varies quite a bit around the country.  Ask your doctor locally what he/she charges to get an idea.

Rhinoplasty cost

+1

The cost of a rhinoplasty varies tremendously. Every surgeon has their own fee which is based on their experience and practice location. I've seen ranges of fees from $2000 to $20000 and even higher.

Any cosmetic procedure has 3 elements to cost: surgeon's fee, facility fee, and anesthesia fee. Facility fees and anesthesia fees are based on time for the additional cosmetic surgery. Again, each hospital or facility will have different hourly rates (these generally range in NYC from $1000-2000 per hour) and the same is true for anesthesia ($500-1000/hr).

Your particular surgical goals and the complexity of the operation will have an impact on time and cost.

My suggestion is to just have a consultation with a surgeon that you think is appropriate for you and find out the price structure in your local region.

Hope this helps and best of luck

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty cost

+1

Rhinoplasty costs vary depending on the surgeon.  Since you are having functional work done at the same time (septoplasty) some of your facility fee and anesthesia should be covered by insurance (depending on your carrier and provider) which will help. 

Etai Funk, MD
Houston Facial Plastic Surgeon