Cost of Correcting Nose Dent After Rhinoplasty

I had a Rhinoplasty last year and wore a splint. One night, it fell off and, in my drugged stupor, I put it back on way too tightly. Now, my nose is slightly crooked and has a large indentation. If it can be fixed, in your expert opinions, would the cost be the same as before ($5,000)? Or, I have heard some say that a second-surgery costs a smaller amount ($500-$1,000), is this true?

Revision rhinoplasty to fixate crooked and indented nose

+1
 Your original surgeon may fix this nose at a  discounted  rate, however you should be prepared to pay for the operating room and anesthesia costs.  The cost for a rhinoplasty in our practice is located on the link below along with our photo gallery.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com/photogallery/rhinoplasty_photos24.html

Proper correction of nasal indentation

+1

Before choosing in ideal approach for your problem, the surgeon needs to make a precise diagnosis of what is causing your indentation.  Is it skin scarred in from inside?  Is it misplaced cartilage on the tip, on the dorsum, etc.  A skilled and experienced nasal surgeon will be able to give  you a good idea s to the cause of your deformity and the surgical approach required, only then can you determine the cost.

Buy here are some ideas. If your indentation is truly minor it can be corrected with a filler (there are many).  Once can try something like Juvederm to see the result.  If that gives you the desired effect, than judicious use of Silikon 1000 can be one option for permanent correction.  On the other extreme, you might need some form of cartilage grafting, in which case the cost would be higher.

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Careful diagnosis is the key

+1

The nose would have to be evaluated to find out what is the precise cause for the problem.  Based on that analysis a diagnosis can be made and a treatment proposed.  This is how the fee will be determined.  It is not possible to determine this fee in advance.

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Indents in the nose after rhinoplasty do not always require surgery.

+1

Dear Alexa,

"Indents" in the nose along with a crooked appearance may be well suited for a permanent injectable filler like Silikon-1000. It's called a Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty, and injectable filler can be placed to fill the indent and straighten your nose with topical anesthetic and no downtime. All at a fraction of the cost of surgery.

Feel free to post / email your photo, and I'll be happy to let you know my thoughts.

I hope this helps, and best regards.

Web reference: http://ericmjoseph.com/index.cfm/ProcedureNameID/731/PageID/4141

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty cost

+1

It really depends on what you need and what you want. If you need revision surgery it will likely cost at least as much as the original. If you would be happy with just filling in the dent then you can even use a filler such as Restylane. The result will be temporary, 9-12 months, but it will be only a couple of hundred dollars likely. The best chance of getting a better price on the rhinoplasty would be from your original physician, but always take into account the skill of that doctor or any others regarding revision rhinoplast. It is always more challenging than primary.

Austin Facial Plastic Surgeon

Check with your original doctor and get some other opinions

+1

Revision rhinoplasty is generally more complicated than primary surgery.  You sound like you will need grafts to fill in the dent and the costs will vary depending on the complexity and on who is doing it.

Seek a consultation for a complicated nose

+1

It really depends on what needs to be done. If grafts are required such as cartilage grafting this could be even more complicated and cost more than the original procedure.

Your best bet is to return to the original surgeon and discuss the options as well as to get a second opinion.