Cost and Recovery to Fix Broken Nose and Deviated Septum?

The cartilage at the tip of my nose is broken off from the rest of the bridge of my nose. I have a deviated septum. My intake of air has been restricted since the break. I snore so terribly I wake myself up.  My husband sleeps in guest room now. In the morning my mouth is so dehydrated I almost have to peel my tongue off the roof of my mouth. Can surgery fix my broken nose? How much? Insurance? Recovery Time?

Rhinoplasty - cost, recovery

+1

I'm sorry to hear that you are having so much trouble with your nose.  If you have nasal airway obstruction, a broken nose, as well as a deviated septum - this is usually covered by insurance.  If there are fine cosmetic changes you want done, you may have to pay a small cosmetic fee.  Regardless, if your nose is causing you so much difficulty, you should definitely see a rhinoplasty surgeon for a consultation.  In terms of recovery - you will likely have a cast, swelling, and perhaps some bruising for about a week.  You will probably also be very congested.  Usually after the first week, you should start to slowly feel back to normal by the end of the second week and be able to resume most of your normal activities.  It will take at least 4-6 mo to really see the final result.

Dr. Cat Begovic M.D.

Web reference: http://www.makeyouperfect.com

Cost of nasal surgery and recovery time

+1
When the cartilage is broken from the rest of the bony nasal bridge of the nose, it can be reset and brought back normal anatomical position. Frequently the nose is also broken and twisted inward towards the airway, which is addressed through harvesting septal cartilage and placing of spreader grafts.
A deviated septum can be also fixed, which is  performed for medical necessity. Surgery can fix a broken nose by resetting the nasal bones. This is all usually covered under a patient’s medical insurance. Anything to change the shape of the nose is considered cosmetic and has to be paid for by the patient. Recovery takes approximately two weeks. During the first week after surgery there will be some degree of swelling, bruising, and inability to breathe out of the nose.
 Please see the link below for many examples of rhinoplasty and our price list.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com/photogallery/rhinoplasty_photos24.html

Fixing Broken Nose

+1

A septorhinoplasty will repair the deformity and breathing obstruction caused by your broken nose. As long as you can document your trauma, the insurance company should pay the appropriate benefits.

The total cost is usually about $7,000. Your surgeon's office will help determine your personal responsibility. The initial healing will take 10-14 days, but the result will continue to improve for one year. Good luck! Have your surgery; improve your appearance and breathing, and then get your husband back.

Broken Nose and Deviated Septum

+1

Hi Julia,

Yes. your insurance should cover the deviated septum, nasal fracture and any other medical problems related to your snoring.

The typical recovery time for this surgery is about 7 to 10 days. The procedures you will need include: Septoplasty -- to fix the deviated septum; Open Reduction Nasal Fracture -- to fix the nasal fracture and procedures related to your snoring.

If you are considering any cosmetic work as well the price can vary from $4K to $10K. Make sure you get computer imaging to see what your nose will look like after the surgery.

Dr.S.

Web reference: http://http:/www./rhinoplastysurgeonnewyork.com

Snoring and rhinoplasty

+1

Snoring usually has nothing to do with a deviated septum. If you have a severely deviated septum, sometimes insurance will cover this portion. It will not cover the cosmetic portion to raise your tip, refine your tip, and treat your nasal bump.

Snoring can be a sign of something else that rhinoseptoplasty (nose job) cannot fix.

+1

As stated rhinoseptoplasty can fix the deviated septum and improve the appearance of the nose. Insurance may cover a portion of the former but not the latter.

As for your snoring, this may be due to an enitrely different problem and may even be indicative of sleep apnea syndrome, as serious condition. You should seek evaluation of this possible condition by a otolaryngologist. Occasionally an sleep study is indicated as well as special x-rays or endoscopic evaluation of the airway.

Broken Nose and Deviated Septum, Costs and Recovery Time?

+1

Hi Julia,

Septo-rhinoplasty can fix your nose. The cost of the procedure varies depending upon the surgeon and the geographic location. Insurance may cover the functional (breathing) portion of your surgery, operating room, and anesthesiologist. The recovery time is usually 1 to 2 weeks (5 days with tape and a splint on your nose).

Your snoring may likely be improved as well as your night time mouth breathing.

Consult with experienced rhinoplasty surgeons and then choose your surgeon most carefully.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

See a Rhinoplasty specialist for fixing broken nose and deviated septum

+1

Why have you not seen a rhinoplasty specialist? Go now, and yes MOST insurances cover a major portion if not the whole costs. Recovery approximately 3 weeks, full healing up to 1 year. Good Luck!

Rhinoplasty Surgery can be used to repair the tip of your nose, and deviated nasal septum.

+1

Your smiling photo demonstrates a long nose, and a droopy tip. Droopiness of your tip can lead to obstructed nasal breathing. You should consult a board-certified, experienced, Rhinoplasty specialist to discuss your options. The functional portion of your surgery could be covered by your health insurance, and you may have a cosmetic fee as well to address the appearance of your nose.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Web reference: http://ericmjoseph.com/index.cfm/ProcedureNameID/90/PageID/4141

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Nasal blockage from a deviated septum is usually covered by insurance

+1

If you got a qualified rhinoplasty/septoplasty expert, if you really can't breathe through your nose, it is usually covered by insurance. Of course, that depends on your choice of doctor and if they are in your plan or you have out of network benefits. Unfortunately, if your nose was broken many years ago, insurance companies often don't recognize that part of the surgery. They figure that if you walked around for it for so many years, it's a cosmetic issue. If you have X-Ray reports and ER records, that may help.

As for cost, that is really a regional issue. Also, you might choose an expert who might not be with your plan. What is most important is to find the best surgeon since you have one nose and want only one operation to make it work for the rest of your life.