Cost to Rasp 1-2mm Hump on Left Nasal Bone?

I cant seem to find the answer to this question and there are no rhinoplasty specialists in Hawaii, so I'd really appreciate a response. I was hit directly on the bridge of my nose (left nasal bone) while surfing about six months ago. while it did not bleed, it remaimed sore for a couple weeks and now there seems to be additional bone growing on it causing my once symmetrical bony pyramid to look sharp on one side. Can this hump (all bone) be simply rasped with local anaesthetic? Cost?

Cost to rasp a bump of the nose.

+2

If all you really need is the rasping, it can be done under local anesthesia and the cost would be $3-4000. Sometimes though when the bump is rasped the nose needs to be fractured to close the bridge. See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon.

Surfer's nodules: nasal hump rasping

+1

Aloha, many plastic surgeons in Honolulu can and do produce respectable rhinoplasty results.  What you ask is commonly sought and yet, rasping the dorsal hump is a bit more complicated than just an outpatient procedure under local anesthesia.  If the rasping results in an open roof deformity, then nasal bone osteotomies will be required.  The procedure you want can only be done if the correction will be minor, subtle, and if your nasal geometry is more isosceles than equilateral. 

Randy Wong, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Cost to rasp nasal hump

+1

Rasping the hump on the nasal bridge is considered a rhinoplasty. The cost of a rhinoplasty is approximately $6,000.00 and includes operating room cost, general anesthesia and the surgeon's fee.  Typically one has to do more than just rasp a hump caused by previous nasal fractures, bone fragments, irregularities, or asymmetries of the nasal bones. Once 2 to 3 mm of bony hump has been removed osteotomies will be performed to set the nose straight and reduce the open roof deformity.

Rasping 1-2mm Hump on Nasal Bone

+1

The hump can be removed by rasping (filing) the left nasal bone under local anesthesia. A good rhinoplasty surgeon will decide if repositioning the nasal bone with an osteotomy will be necessary. It will cost $3000-5000. If you had insurance when you broke your nose, your health insurance company may cover some of the medical charges.

Rhinoplasty

+1

The fee for a rhinoplasty will vary around the country.  Simply asping the dorsum may be possible, but it would be hard to say without an exam.

Rasping your nasal bones is possible but more difficult under local anesthesia

+1

Rhinoplasty techniques can be done to improve your current condition. For your situation, you would only need some incisions inside your nose.  Then a rasp can be used to take down the sharp bony area.  If this is a new situation, it is possible that this will go down with time.  Sometimes, swelling next to the bone can feel like bone and this may all that it could be. Only time could tell sometimes in this situation.  Rasping the bone should range from 2000-10000 or more depending on the extent of the injury and that should cover all of the costs.  It will vary with the surgeon and the area of the country.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon