Can I have my nose tip fixed without changing my bridge?

I have no problems with the bridge of my nose. I don't feel like it's too wide and I have a decent profile, and there's no bump. I do have a bulbous tip and nostrils that are wide. Is there a surgery that only addresses the tip/cartilage/nostrils without changing the bridge? How much does this kind of operation usually cost? Is it more worth it to get a regular rhinoplasty, are there better results? Thanks.

Tip rhinoplasty by itself

+1
There is no question that a tip rhinoplasty can be done by itself. But this can only be determined after a hands-on examination. It sounds like you may be a good candidate. Seek out an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon .

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can I have my nose tip fixed?

+1
Dear peach, thank you for your question.Rhinoplasty is a popular procedure that can dramatically change one's appearance. In our San Diego practice we perform computer imaging to determine what may be possible in your case. Actual before and after photos are a good way to evaluate your surgeon.Good Luck!

Roy A. David, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1
It is possible to have tip work only, but a full assessment of the nose would need to be performed to ensure you obtain the best possible result. I would recommend a consult with a board certified rhinoplasty specialist. He/she will evaluate your nose and determine what you may benefit from. Computer imaging software may be used to morph a photo of you. This will give you an idea of what to expect from the final result. Cost can vary depending on the complexity of the surgery and your geographic location. I hope this information helps, and I wish you the best of luck.   

Paul S. Nassif, MD

Fix the nasal tip without changing the bridge?

+1
The areas you are concerned about are frequently improved with a tip rhinoplasty alone without altering the bridge. Whether you should have the procedure is a personal decision only you can make after a full consultation. Additional information about the procedure will help you decide if it is a procedure that you want to pursue or whether you would get a better result with a full rhinoplasty.

Following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do based on limited 2 dimensional photos without examining you, physically feeling the tissue, assessing your desired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of the operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest you find a plastic surgeon with extensive nasal surgery experience who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) or a facial plastic surgeon that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

A tip rhinoplasty permits adjustment to the nasal tip without changing the bridge or with of the nose.

+1
What you are requesting is accomplished by a tip rhinoplasty. This is a fairly common operation worthy nasal bridge and with of the nose are satisfactory.

+1
It is not uncommon to have a tip rhinoplasty performed without having surgery on the bridge of the nose.  If your nasal dorsum is straight and the nasal bones are not too wide, then a rhinoplasty can be done which only addresses the tip/cartilages/nostrils.  Be certain to seek out a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in rhinoplasty surgery.  Best wishes Dr Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty or tip plasty with alar excisions?

+1
Rhinoplasty or tip plasty with alar excisions? This is a common question and i need to see photos to give a proper answer. Often when this is done the rest of the nose will look wider. 

+1
Rhinoplasty is really all about balance.   If your tip and alar base need to be reduced but your bridge is already narrow, there may not be a reason to alter the bridge at all.

Limited Rhinoplasty Surgery

+1
All rhinoplasty procedures should be individualized.  The surgery can be limited to just the tip as long as you end up with a result where all portions of the nose are proportional. Cost will vary depending on exactly what is done, but the procedure you talk about will be less than a full rhinoplasty.