Cost of Procedure to Tighten Neck in Los Angeles?

I have a great face, but a slight looseness under jaw--how much? In other words, I am 45 in no way do I need a Facelift, but I do have a slight looseness of skin in neck (under chin)--people often guess I'm 35, so I may be looking too closely but I wonder if there's a small procedure short of a facelift that handles only this area? And how much would it cost in the Los Angeles area?

Neck lift ranges from $4,000 to $5,000

+2

Typically on patients less than 50, a neck lift can be performed, which involves a three-quarter inch incision underneath the chin and two half-inch incisions behind the ears. This will not remove any loose skin in the neck but will reshape and sculpt a new jaw and neckline. If excess skin is present, a full face/neck lift needs to be performed. Cost on the neck lift procedure ranges between $4,000 and $5,000 depending on where it is performed and the anesthesia involved. It can be performed under I.V. sedation or general anesthesia.

Neck lift fee

+1

The cost of a neck lift will vary around the country. In NYC it would cost between $7000-$15000 depending upon the surgeon.

It all depends on how much work is involved.

+1

You may just need liposuction or a platysmaplasty under the chin. Or you may need a neck minilift. See an experienced plastic surgeon and let him guide you as to what you need and how much it will cost. If it sounds too good to be true, you will be making a costly mistake!

Consider Neck Liposuction

+1

Dear Vaun,

Without seeing pictures or you in person it is difficult to make real assessments, but if you have just a bit of slackness to your skin under your chin and in the neck area liposuction may be a relatively simple answer as it will remove any extra fat and allow for the skin in the area to draw up and tighten a bit.

Other than that, there is the possibility that something like Thermage can help but you run the risk of not accomplishing as much in comparison to the liposuction.

Let us know if you have any further questions.

Have a great summer!

Peyman Solieman, MD