Cost of Photodynamic Therapy?

How much can I expect to pay for photodynamic therapy?

Cost of PDT/Blue light treatment

+1

The cost of the procedure, as with many elective treatments, is largely dependent on the doctor. Doctors with more experience will likely charge you more.

PDT works great & is covered by most insurances

+1

Photodynamic Therapy (Levulan Kerastick followed by BLU-U therapy aka PDT) works great for treating Actinic Keratosis (pre-cancers).  It fortunately is covered by most insurances if you are treating the face and or scalp.  If treating other body areas, you may need a pre-approval for coverage from your insurance company.  I believe our cash price is around $350 per treatment when using only one Levulan Kerastick.

Sidney B. Smith, MD
Kennewick Dermatologist

Photodynamic therapy expense may be submitted for flexible healthcare spending account

+1

Photodynamic therapy (PDT) is FDA indicated for actinic keratosis and should be covered by MediCare and most PPO insurance carriers. However, PDT performed for acne would involve out-of-pocket expense between $300 to $400 in most clinics run by board-certified dermatologists. However, this may be submitted for flexible spending account consideration.

William Ting, MD
Bay Area Dermatologic Surgeon