How Much Would It Cost to Get an Otoplasty on a Single Ear? (photo)

I have asymetrical ears. One of them curves like the model's in the attached photo while the other sticks out like a normal ear. I've always worn my hair down because it bothers me so much. How much would it cost to get one ear pinned? Would it cost a lot less than getting two done?

How Much Would It Cost to Get an Otoplasty on a Single Ear?

+2

This can be performed under local anesthesia and will cost at least $3000.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of facial and ear correction surgeries each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Single Ear Otoplasty

+1
The average cost for cosmetic ear surgery in Toronto, Ontario, is from $6000 to $8000 for both ears, and it would be a couple thousand dollars less if only one ear is targeted. Some variables that are considered to determine cost include the surgeon fees, anesthesia/anesthesiologist fees, technique applied, and surgical facility.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Single Ear Otoplasty cost.

+1

On an adult an otoplasty can be performed under local anesthesia and oral sedation,depending on the patient

In your case the cost you would be looking at $2000 depending on the anesthetic type used. 

Gustavo Almanzar, MD

Otoplasty on one ear

+1

You can do otoplasty in one ear and it should be less expensive but not usually half the cost of 2. The cost of 2 bilaterally is around 3-6k. for one should be around 2-4k.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ear Asymmetry

+1

It is not uncommon to have unilateral prominent ears.  It is recommended to be evaluated by a plastic surgeon so your options can be discussed.

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Questions about a unilateral otoplasty

+1

On an adult an otoplasty can be performed under local anesthesia and oral sedation.  The cost will vary from region to region.  Cost will also vary depending upon the estimated length of the procedure.  

+1

There is a very wide range depending upon your city and the office you choose. A one sided otoplasty is typically cheaper than doing both sides as it requires shorter operative time. You can expect a range from $3500-6000 depending upon the above factors. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Lone Tree Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Unilateral Otoplasty

+1

The price of a otoplasty is going to depend upon general or  local anesthesia. Most of the time otoplasty is performed under local anesthesia and  not general, but there is a price differential. Please see our  price list located  on our website

Unilateral Otoplasty

+1

You would be looking at $3500 depending on the anesthetic type used. It might be less.To do both which is far more common would be about $4500

David A. F. Ellis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon