About How Much Would It Cost to Get my Gauges Closed?

I am trying to enlist in the Army but my old gauges are holding me back. The holes are not big enough to even fit a pencil through, but since you can see light through them i will be disqualified. Would be surgery be expensive?

Gauges in ears

+1

I have repaired numerous gauges, and the fee will vary depending upon the complexity of the deformity. Best to be seen in consultation.

Ear Lobe Repair

+1

Ear lobe repair is very straight forward and can be performed under local anesthetic in the office. It doesn't take very long and typically sutures (stitches) can be removed in about a week.

For more details, see two or more board certified plastic surgeons in your area for a complete evaluation.

I hope this helps. Best wishes!

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Ear lobe repair in Atlanta

+1

Ear lobe repair is a fairly straightforward surgery but not all repairs heal well so going to a well informed and experienced surgeon is of paramount importance. Ear lobe trauma secondary to gauge use is common and a common request before starting school, a new job, or joining the military.

Ear lobes stretched by gauges are stretched and thinner with some scar tissue to account for the stretching. Repairs range from $500-$1500 per earlobe in Atlanta.

Mike Majmundar, MD
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Gauged Ear Lobe Closure and Cost

+1
-The closure of gauged earlobes usually takes less than an hour and can be performed in the office using a local anesthetic. -Generally, the larger the gauged piercings, the longer the procedure may take. -Depending on where you live, the closure of both will likely cost between $600-$1,000 -Best of luck to you!

Joshua Cooper, MD, FACS

+1

This is an increasingly common request as each branch of the service is changing their requirements for enlistees. It sounds like your piercings/ gauges are on the small side. Depending upon your location and the office you choose, you can expect to pay somewhere between $500-1000. You can typically immediately return to the recruiter to get the ball rolling with enlistment. I hope this information is helpful.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS

Weber Facial Plastic Surgery

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Gauges of the earlobe

+1

Gouges of the earlobe can be complex repairs to achieve a normal looking earlobe. These procedures are done under local anesthesia and can cost from $ 750 -15500