Additional Cost of Liposuction Combined with Tummy Tuck?

I am going in a few weeks to get a full Abdominoplasty, Breast lift and Augmentation. I think now I should also get Liposuction on my sides because that's where most of my flab is.

I'm concerned that if I don't get it, I will want it later anyway and I would rather do it all at once. Does anyone know how much a Dr. would charge extra to get the side lipo when you are already going in anyway for an abdominoplasty?

The surgery center and anesthesia fees would already be taken care of.

Charges for liposuction in conjunction with abdominoplasty

+1

Every surgeon is different.  Usually if a patient is having multiple procedures, a reduced fee for additional procedures is assessed.  Speak to the office administrator handling the finances to figure out the correct fee for you.

With all that surgery, you should get a little deal

+1

That's a lot of surgery. Prone lipo of the love handles should add about 30-45 minutes to your surgery. Maybe $1000 to $2000 in Boston. See if your surgeon just wants to 'toss it in".

G. Gregory Gallico III, MD

It depends on the surgeon and the surgery.

+1

Is the extra work a small amount of time or a long time. I would guess the extra would be $3-4000. Why not ask your doctor?

$3000 in New York.

+1

Hi!

In Manhattan, we charge $3000 for liposuction of the waist and love handles when a patient is having a tummy tuck, but fees are lower in other parts of the country.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Talk to your surgeon.

+1

You need to talk with your surgeon. Some Liposuction on the flanks is a usual part of an Abdominoplasty. However significant additional Liposuction will change the costs significantly. First, there may be an additional surgeon fee. Secondly, since significant liposuction requires extra time, Anesthesia and Surgery Center fees will also increase. Finally, adding significant Liposuction to an Abdominoplasty changes the post-operative problems. Because it adds significant fluid shifts to an operation already with significant fluid shifts, you need to spend the night in a facility that can monitor your blood pressure and urine output and give you IV fluids. Some states have even mandated that you do this for that combination of surgeries for safety. The answer to your question, therefore, is dependant on how much Liposuction you desire and the other specifics of your planned procedure. Only your surgeon can answer your question.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Cost for additional liposuction

+1

The cost will vary depending on geographic location and the surgeon. In general, the surgeon's fee will vary somewhere between $1000-$3000 for additional liposuction of the flanks. You may find that your anesthesia costs will also increase (additional surgical time), as will your surgery center fees (additional time and equipment).

Sam Jejurikar, MD