Cost of Lipo and Inserting Fat into Breast? Can This Be Done in One Procedure?
- Asked by Hismotivation73 in South Carolina
- 1 year ago
Lipofilling of the breast
Here is what we know for sure.
- Fat from liposuction can be used to augment the breast.
- The amount of enhancement is minimal to modest even with the best of techniques
- The patients who "need" augmentation the most are the worst candidates (thin patient with little breast tissue to graft into and little fat to harvest)
- Breast cysts often forms which may require additional mammography, utlrasound, MRI studies or breast biopsies.
- Most, but not all, of the surgeons currently offering lipofilling of the breasts are not trained in plastic surgery.
Here is what we don't know for sure
- The link between fat grafting, stem cells, and breast cancer development in the long or short term
- The best techniques to use for fat grafting in the breast to maximize graft take and minimize complications
- The overall safety of the procedure!!!
For most of us, there are more questions than answers. Most plastic surgeons are very capable of doing fat grafting in the breast, however few do because of these issues.
Web reference: http://www.yorkyates.com
Fat transfer to breasts at the time of liposuction. Yes.
Yes, this is possible and there are different protocols and techniques. With successful fat grafting to the breasts, you can expect anywhere from 150 to 250 cc of fat transfer. This is about one cup size increase.
For amounts larger than this, breast implants give a reliable, predictable result.
I hope this helps.
Fat transfer to breast
Fat transfer using the discarded liposuction tissue can be used for breast enlargement procedures, but it may not provide enough volume.
Recent Fat Transfer Reviews
Fat Transfer Photos
Fat Transfer to the Breast
Fat transfer to the breast usually requires more than one procedure to get an adequate volume for creating a difference. It works best in women that want a small size increase and a shape change. The cost can vary by the length of the surgery , the areas to be liposuctioned in order to provide the fat for harvest, and the number of procedures required to get a significant size change. Get a consultation with a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.
Web reference: https://www.maryleepetersmd.com
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.