Cost of Hanging Columella Reduction Under Local Anesthesia?

What is the average cost of a a hanging columella reduction under local anesthesia? i understand that these are just estimates.

Estimate for hanging columella correction

+1

It truly depends on what needs to be done. If it can be completed with soft tissue reduction, the costs could be well under $2000. However, if there are other anatomic considerations such as cartilage resection or rearrangement, it could be more complicated and better performed under general anesthesia which could run upwards of $6000.

Reducing hanging columella and cost

+1
Hanging columella is a very common problem that is often addressed during the rhinoplasty procedure. It is corrected by trimming back excess cartilaginous and membranous septum. While it can be done under local anesthesia, it can be done under general anesthesia as well. The cost of columella reduction by it self is approximately $3000, which includes surgeon’s fee, the operating room, and any anesthesia-related fees.  

Cost of revision rhinoplasty

+1

Repair of a hanging columella can be done under local anesthesia but is better tolerated under sedation with local.  Cost will vary significantly around the country, but should be in the $3-5,000 range.  Good luck!

Carey Nease, MD
Chattanooga Facial Plastic Surgeon

Correction of Hanging Columella

+1

A limited rhinoplasty, such as correction of a hanging columella, can be done under local anesthesia. Costs will vary depending on who does the sugery and where you're located, but will probably be $4,000-$8000.

Cost of rhinoplasty under local anesthesia

+1

Quite frequently small nasal surgeries are performed under local anesthesia. This allows the patient to save money by not having to pay an anesthesia fee. You would be responsible for the surgeon's fee and the facility fee. However, there may be more than just your columella that needs to be addressed. I don't think anyone can give you an accurate estimation of what it would cost and what is involved without seeing you. Prices will vary by physician and by geographic region. I suggest you see a few surgeons in your area and get their advice. They should also be able to give you an idea of the cost. 

Theda C. Kontis, MD
Baltimore Facial Plastic Surgeon

Columella reduction

+1

I would not recommend having a columella reduction under straight local.  As for the price, it really varies around the country.

Repair of Hanging Columella

+1

Very hard to tell you this without seeing photos.  It just depends on what the surgery entails.  It may be that your columella is not hanging and that the relationship between the columella and your alae are off and that is what you may need addressed.  So it is not that easy to say.  But I can say that I do all my rhinoplasty surgery under general anesthesia in an accredited surgery center.

Hope that helps.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Repair of a hanging columella is usually performed with general anesthetic in my practice.

+1

Your hanging columella may be multifactorial. In many cases, the cause of the hanging columella is due to exaggerated curvature of the medial crura. I have had excellent success repairing the hanging columella by dividing the lower lateral cartilages at the angle where the lateral crura meet the medial crura. This serves to release the spring between these two structures, and allow straightening of your medial crura and columella-lobule complex.

My explanation will likely be too technical, but in my experience, repair of the hanging columella is performed through an open approach with septal cartilage harvesting for a columella strut. I prefer general anesthetic for nearly all of my patients requesting rhinoplasty surgery.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost of Hanging Columella Reduction Under Local Anesthesia

+1

Cost of Hanging Columella Reduction Under Local Anesthesia in Miami ranges from $1800 to $4000. Seek in person evaluations from boarded surgeons in your area. 

Rhinoplasty For Hanging Columella Under Local Anesthesia

+1

Regina, you can likely get this type of limited rhinoplasty procedure done for around $3000-4000 if done under local anesthesia with very light sedation. I have done this on numerous occasions in the past with very successful results. Attached below is a link to one of my patients who wanted a subtle reshaping of her hanging columella to create a softer overall look. 

John M. Hilinski, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon