How Much Would It Cost To Go From A 46DD To A 36C?

Idk If My Insurance Would Cover, I Live In Lakeland Fl

Insurance usually covers very large breast reductions.

+1

Hi.

I wrote an article in my RealSelf profile about the question of breast reduction and insurance coverage, and you may find it helpful.

Cost of Breast Reduction

+1

Dear wendymedina94-

Congratulations on your decision for the procedure.  For the most part, having insurance pay for a breast reduction will require a thorough examination and history to determine how a breast reduction would improve your quality of life.  It is not merely meeting the numbers game, it is how it will help you by having your breasts reduced to a more manageable size.  I would recommend seeking a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon as he/she can discuss the procedure and associated risks and benefits with you more thoroughly than here. 

Also of note is that you more than likely cannot go from a 46DD to a 36C, as a breast reduction for the most part only reduces the current cup size you have (DD to C), and has little to do with the bra band size (46 to 36).  Such a significant reduction in band size will require a significant weight loss, as this is related to your chest circumference, not your breasts.

Fortunately the cost for a breast reduction with most plastic surgeons is a standard fee, that does not vary with the amount of tissue to remove.

Good luck in your endeavors!

Robert Kratscher, MD

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Breast reduction costs

+1

In general breast reduction surgery can cost around $5-7000 for surgeons fee plus another $2500-4000 for anesthesia and operating room.  Insurance coverage is extremely variable and often places numerous criteria in the path that have to be met.  Read your policy.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

drraine.com

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Breast Reduction Costs and Insurance Coverage

+1

When patients come for breast reduction consultation, I try to give them a realistic idea of whether or not their insurance will cover it.  We send photographs and document complaints like neck and shoulder discomfort, bra strap grooving, excessive sweating or skin irritation under the breast, heaviness and discomfort from the weight of the breasts and interference with activities such as sports, running.

Insurance companies seem to try not to pay for these procedures, in that they will put up obstacles like requiring that the patient has been on a documented weight-loss program for some time. So sometimes there is no coverage, even though the patient will clearly benefit from the procedure, or there will be long delays in getting coverage.

As a result, the majority of patients in my practice pay for the procedure themselves, and the cost is between 9-10,000,depending on the time required for that particular patient.

Robert M. Lowen, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

Chest Size after BR???

+1

Thank You for he great question. Normally, with a breast reduction there is not that great of a decrease in Chest Circumference. So, if you are really a 46DD then, you might drop to a 44 braw size. What does change dramatically is cup size. Yes, it is very common to go down to a C cup with a breast reduction. But, perhaps it would be better to think of it in terms of being proportional to your body size or smaller than your body size. Smaller than body size means the edge of the breast stops at your chest wall. This most likely would be a C Cup in your case.
  Consider first checking with your insurance carrier to see if breast reductions are even a covered service and what your expenses for such a procedure might be. It may be cheeper in the long run to pay for the procedure yourself. Many members of the ASAPS like our practice offer package pricing for such procedures. These prices are available on line at our web site but, average costs fora breast reduction in our practice is $7,000. And, you get to pick your approximate post operative breast size/ cup. It would not be dictated by your insurance carrier. Just some food for thought. Best,

Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Gary R. Culbertson, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Costs of Breast Reduction?

+1

Generally speaking, you will find that the cost of breast reduction surgery will not vary depending on current and planned breast cup size.  The procedure cost however will vary from one geographic region to another and even from one plastic surgeon's practice to another.

You will be best off doing your due diligence carefully  in the selection of plastic surgeon.  Only in person consultation will provide you with the detailed information you should obtain prior to making any decisions about proceeding with surgery.

I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices  concentrate him on aesthetic surgery. Ask  to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

You will find,  while doing your due diligence,  that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you;  again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  

I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery;  keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.

Breast Reduction and Insurance

+1

Breast Reduction is covered by many insurance companies, but there are a lot of requirements for amount removed, etc.  You want your breasts to look good, and you want them to be a size proportional to your body.  Find the surgeon who you feel can do the best job.  See if he or she can get it covered by insurance. 

Breast reduction fees

+1
The cost of surgery will vary significantly based on geographic location and anesthesia/facility costs. Generally, this would be about $10,000 in my practice but every case is individually evaluated based on the anticipated length and complexity of the procedure. Good luck with your insurance carrier!

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Breast reduction

+1

First, the back size can not go down to a 36, but the cup size can be made smaller with a reduction. As for guaranteeing a cup size, it is impossible because no two bra companies make the same bra cup.