How Much Does It Cost for a TUBA in San Diego ,CA. ?

How much is it for a transumbilical breast augmentation in san diego ?

Cost of TUBA for BA

+1

Price shopping may lead you down a path to a bad result.

FYI, two things..

1. The TUBA technique voids the manufacturer's warranty on your breast implants.

2. Saline implants can be place with the TUBA technique but not silicone implants.

NEVER search for costs and procedures- search for good surgeons!

+1

Hi there-

In one short question, you've committed the two largest errors a patient could... 

Looking for a procedure or a price range you like is a recipe for disaster. Let me put it this way- if I told you you could have the exact procedure you want, at the price you want, but that you would hate your breasts and think they look funny- or worse, that you would have a complication, would you be happy? 

Your best bet when researching plastic surgery is to prioritize correctly--- Spend most of your time finding a great surgeon and then worry about the how and why, based on their recommendations for you.

Armando Soto, MD

TUBA procedure is fine

+1

Breast implant surgery involves creating a pocket under the breast to place an implant to enhance the shape and size of the breast.  There are 4 basic incision choices to choose from:

1. Inframammary (in the fold under the breast)
  2. Peri-areolar (in the color change between the breast skin and the colored areola)
  3. Axillary (in a crease or fold in the armpit)
  4. Umbilical (through an incision located in the belly button)

There are advantages and disadvantages to each incision choice.  The correct choice will be based on the patient's breast shape and size, body shape, choice of implant (saline vs silicone), recovery time, surgeon's experience and cost.  Implants can also be placed through old scars on the breast or abdomen or through incisions if a breast lift is being performed at the same time.

I will sit down and discuss all of the choices with my patients and obtain photographs and measurements of the breasts and chest and review the options.  All the incision choices are shown on photographs of other women who have undergone the procedure to actually see what a final scar looks like 6 weeks, 6 months and  6 years later.  The four main decisions to make when undergoing this procedure are:

1. Incision location
  2. Implant type (saline vs silicone)
  3. Above or below the muscle
  4. Size of implant

The most difficult decision to make is the size.  The incision or final scar decision is actually not usually a problem.  Having placed over 10,000 implants I can count on one hand the number of complaints or problems I have had from the incision.  The subsequent scar is so small and inconspicuous that NO ONE COMPLAINS ABOUT THE SCAR, no matter where it is placed.

As long as your surgeon is skilled enough to perform a TUBA (trans-umbilical bilateral augmentation) and can stand behind his/her work (i.e. not charge for a revision if necessary), board certified in plastic surgery and you are a good candidate for the procedure, than you will be fine.

My total fee for breast implant surgery is $4,700 for saline implants and $5,700 for silicone implants. This includes the surgeon's fee, facility, anesthesia and implants.  The choice of the incision does not change the price.  Since a TUBA can only be performed with saline implants, the price for a TUBA is $4,700.  I do not live in San Diego, so I cannot comment on your local prices.  Make some phone calls and shop around.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

TUBA

+1

Transumbilical breast augmentation was being offered for saline implants because the implants are placed empty and then filled in side the pocket.  Silicone implants can not be placed with this approach.

TUBA in San Diego

+1

The trans-umbilical approach to breast augmentation is filled with complications and need for revisions. The procedure sounds enticing with no scar near the breast, but the procedure is performed with a blunt instrument that tears the breast away from the muscle. There are much higher risks of bleeding, implant malposition and need for revisions (which would mandate a normal breast crease or areolar scar) AND you can only get saline implants. Do your research and get multiple opinions, but very few doctors offer this approach for a reason. 

Best of luck

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Breast Augmentation in San Diego

+1

Although the majority of my practice involves breast surgery I do not offer the TUBA  procedure given the higher complication rates. The surgeons who are most likely to offer this procedure tend to be non-plastic surgeons so be very careful.

I would suggest you meet with board-certified plastic surgeons to discuss your options in detail.

Breast Augmentation and TUBA

+1

Hello Dani Cali,

I no longer perform TUBA surgery, but performed over 1000 during a 9 year period.  It was a very controversial surgery among most Board Certified plastic surgeons due to its difficulty to perform well and long learning curve. Analysis of my patient's results yielded a capsular contracture rate of 6% in the first year, which lead me to stop performing the surgery.  Evidence based data indicates that a capsular contracture rate of 1-2 % is possible with different techniques. It was a surgery that held the prospect of being scarless, but reoperation always required additional incisions on the breast.  Additionally, only saline filled implants could be utilized with the TUBA.

You should see a few surgeons with great reputations for breast augmentation.  These people should be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and be members of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

+1

I think Dr Daniels has given you the reasons why most boarded PSs are not offering this approach in breast implants. There is a very high poor result rate, just be careful. 

TUBA breast enlargement

+1

Tuba prices are about $1000 higher than breast enlargement through another approach. Mine are presently $5999. I did like the TUBA approach even though it is essentially a "blind" procedure and so the chances for complications such as bleeding and mispositioning of the implants are present. The main reason why though is that silicone implants almost always are more natural appearing, feeling and I have switched almost totally to them in my practice. The main advantage for saline implants used to be that capsular contracture was less but now with the newer improved implants it is about the same as the silicone impllants. Unfortunately, you cannot place a silicone implant,only a saline implant, through the belly button even though I have placed many through the tummy tuck.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Cost of a TUBA

+1

The cost of a TUBA may be higher than you think owing to the higher chance of needing revisional surgery. Remote access surgery involves a tradeoff: a distant scar with far less control over the implant pocket, plus you are limited to only saline implants. Get a few opinions before committing to this approach!

Marcel Daniels, MD
Long Beach Plastic Surgeon