What would be the cost for a revision? (Photo)

Hello I previously had ftm surgery with another Surgeon and was displeased with my results. I'm wondering if you could do a revision and the cost. I need a revision on the dog ears.

Top Surgery

I appreciate your question.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Revision of FTM surgery

Your dog ears may be part of a chest roll of fat that continues onto your back. If that is the case, a revision will need to include the back roll or your dog ears will only be pushed further onto your back. Ask your surgeon about your options.

Also, it seems that the pigment of the nipples has not fully returned. This is easily correctable with a tattoo of the pale areas to match the color of your areolae.
This is so common following the free nipple graft technique that I include it in the cost of the original surgery. 

Sheldon Lincenberg, MD

Revision of FTM chest surgery

Thank you for your question.  The dog ears can usually be easily revised.  Is there anything else that you are displeased with?  The cost of the revision will depend on the extent of the revision as well as the geographical area you are in.  Best wishes and be safe.   

Josef Hadeed, MD

Revision FTM Top Surgery

Hi tyler,

Thanks for the post and pic. Certainly the dog ears can be corrected which includes not only removal of excess skin but also the fatty tissue in that area to allow the skin to lay flat. The cost greatly varies based on geography and surgeon experience. In many cases the original surgeon would charge much less to perform a revision on one of their own patients. However, if you are seeking a new surgeon then you will in all likelihood pay more.

Dr. Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD

Revision surgery

The dog ears can be removed and the chest contours flattened.  Typically a revision operation of this type is less expensive than the double incision mastectomy.   The costs of revisions are determined at the consultation.  I would say they are in the $5000 range.

FTM chest revision

You need the scar curvature adjusted and the dog-ears removed.  I cannot give you the cost over this site. 

Gary J. Alter, MD