How Much Would It Cost to Fix a Curved Nose? (photo)

In a side profile view, you can see that my nose curves unattractively. My question- how much would this cost to fix? I just want my nose to look straight from the side. I'm assuming there would be no way to get insurance to cover it..?

Rhinoplasty

+1

It looks from your profile that you couyld use the dorsum taken down and the tip elevated a bit. The fee in NYC is probably about $6-$10K.

Rhinoplasty costs

+1

Although we all like to spend less, lets remember that this is your face. Just because you can get it for less, that doesn't mean that it will be better. You often get what you pay for. In the new york region, a Rhinoplasty , by a skilled surgeon can go for between 6000 - 10,000. All costs factored in. Dr's charge, OR fee and anesthesia. You will pay more for a skilled physician.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

The Cost of a Rhinoplasty

+1

Rhinoplasty costs vary as related to geographic area and the skill or demand of your surgeon. Your doctor is not normally something you should "price shop" and do your research based upon their experience and results. Also, an in-person consultation is integral to your success and communication with your doctor. Rhinoplasty can range from $6-10,000 based on a number of factors. And the most expensive isn't always the best. From your image, it does appear that you could have a vary favorable change with a rhinoplasty.  And there is virtually no chance for insurance coverage unless you have issues related to breathing diagnosed by a medical professional. 

Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Rhinoplasty cost.

+1

The cost of a rhinoplasty varies with the surgeon and his experience and how much work needs to be done. Your nose is straight forward and should be $6-8000. Don't shop price-shop quality.

Costs for correction of a curved nose

+1

It appears from your phot you have not only a curved nose but a hanging tip and wideness to your nose. In general, when you take a large hump down it is not uncommon to address other aspects of your nose. Correcting the curvature usually means addressing the septum which is often the underlying cause. In any case, you are looking at a rhinoplasty which in my area is about 5250. Other areas the cost range from about 6000 to about 13,000 depending upon what region of the country you go to.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Curved Nose - Not as Simple as That

+1

Your nose has a dorsal hump, and rasping this down causes upward rotation of the tip.  You do not appear to need upward rotation so whoever does your rhinoplasty should try not to rotate your tip excessively.  In addition, the tip projects out quite a bit.  You may want to address tip setback with your surgeon.  Often, what looks like an isolated issue becomes more involved in rhinoplasty, as every move that is made has a derivitive effect on somehting else. 

Best of Luck

Dr Del Vecchio

rhinoplastyboston

Daniel Del Vecchio, MD

Rhinoplasty Costs

+1

Rhinoplasty costs differ from surgeon to surgeon, just as the price of dinner may differ from a fast-food restaurant to a 4-start restaurant.  So, please do not make your decision based on price alone as you want to ensure that you get what you pay for.  With that said, you should see out a consultation with a board certified surgeon who, based on your pictures, should be able to make some nice changes for you.

Good Luck.

David Shafer, MD

Great Candidate

+1

From the picture, it appears that you would be a great candidate for a Rhinoplasty.  To remove a bump and straighten out the nose are very common requests that I do every day.  You should have your picture imaged to show you how it would look after surgery.   As far as the cost of the procedure, a quote is given after a consult (whether in person or online).  Your nose job, from this one picture, does not appear to be very complicated and therefore should be a reasonable quote.

Michael Salzhauer, MD

Nose that curves

+1

Most rhinoplasty surgeon would consider that your photo shows a dorsal hump (or bump). We usually think of "curves" as being seen on frontal view. These types of curves are usually due to septal deviatins. The hump you are referring to can be fixed easily. Cost vary from doc to doc and region of the country. Spend some time investigating various surgeons in your area. Be careful not to base your entire decision on cost.

Ronald Schuster, MD