How Much Does It Cost to Fix a Broken Nose Tip?

When I was 10 years old , my brother accidentally hit the tip of my nose with a stick, the bone in the nose wasn't broken but the tip of my nose was swollen for a few hours. A few years later I figured out that the tip of my nose was pointy and had a bump in my left nostril while the other nostril was smooth and bump free Also when I wiggle my nose I can hear and feel my nose pop I'm 20 years old now,I really don't like the popping in my nose and its uncomfortable. How much would it cost to fix

Fixing a Broken Nose

+1

This one is impossible without an exam. The couple of things I am thinking are one, you have scar in the nasal tip from the injury and two, you may have fractured the nasal septum near the tip. Agian, no way to know without an exam. Good luck.

Traumatic nasal tip deformity

+1

Most likely the popping of the tip with movement is the septum popping in and out of place on the bone that it rests on.  The deformity you are experiencing is  from a warping and displacement of the cartilages of the tip of the nose.  This can be fixed and there are several approaches.  The cost are variable.  My personal range would be $4000 to $7000 for surgeons fee.

Talmage Raine MD FACS

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Rhinoplasty to straighten a broken nose

+1

It sounds like the trauma you sustained when you were 10 resulted in a fair degree of injury to your nose.  In order to correct the issues that bother you, you would need a rhinoplasty. The cost to fix it is highly variable and depends largely on location, surgeon, and the extent of your surgery.  The best next step for you is to have ~3 consultations with rhinoplasty specialists to get a better idea of what would be involved with your surgery, and the approximate cost you can expect.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Rhinoplasty surgery

+1

Dear Romans4214,

• It is tough to say exactly what happened
  • What I can be sure of is that after puberty, your nose grew into your face
  • These changes could just be from that period
  • The popping sounds like the cartilages rubbing against each other
  • Depending on what your nose looks like and the area you live in, rhinoplasty surgery starts around $6000 and can go up from there

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Nima Shemirani, MD

Nasal issue

+1

Without an exam, it is very difficult to assess what could be wrong with your nose.  You may have sustained a septal fracture. Difficult to say without an exam.

Cost to fix broken nose.

+1

I would need to see photos to give you a proper answer. Rhinoplasty is based on the skill of the surgeon(better surgeons may charge a little more) and how long the surgery takes.