Cost of Filing Teeth?

Would you be able to give me an estimate (ballpark figure) as to how much it would cost to have my two front teeth filed down by about 1mm? I have had Braces yet my two front teeth still look a bit 'horse-ish' as they are very long.

Reshaping front teeth

+4

There may be better options than reducing those teeth, it's not easy to say without seeing them. If you are really sure that's what you want, ballpark number would be around $100-$200. I sometimes do small amounts of reshaping for free for longtime patients, it really depends on how extensive a change is needed.

Cleveland Cosmetic Dentist

Filing teeth cost

+1

In the situation described, I would likely provide this service at no charge for existing patients and depending on the amount of work involved $50-$100 for a new patient.

Laurel Cosmetic Dentist

A little off the top..

+1

If you have been going to the same dentist for a while, they might even do it for free at your next check-up.

Typically a procedure like that does require a little esthetic skill to contour it correctly so the corners aren't square when they are done, plus, it does take time, so the dentist is reasonable to charge $50+ or so for that procedure.

San Jose Cosmetic Dentist

Cost of filing teeth...

+1

Filing of the 2 front teeth is a cosmetic procedure and involves not only teeth reduction but also shaping and polishing. Ball figure will be around $100 US.
Thanks,
Dr. Barba

Santa Ana Cosmetic Dentist

Discuss all options.

+1

Dentists never like to take away enamel unless it is necessary. Discuss the cosmetic options with your dentist.  If you decide it is still the best option it may cost around $75.

Newport Beach Cosmetic Dentist

Cost for shaving down front teeth

+1

First, I would recommend a smile consultation -- if the two front teeth appear too long, it may be because the two side teeth are too short. If that is the case, bonding the two side teeth may be a better option for your smile. I will contour down teeth that are too long (~$100), however I believe that adding bonding is a healthier and better treatment overall.

Atlanta Cosmetic Dentist

Enamoplasty is like extractions

+1

There is no going back when removing tooth structure. If you aren't too particular, just want shorter teeth, then $50-100 is normal. If you have VERY precise goals, then the dentist may need to take impressions for study models, prepare them as desired by you (dry run on the models) and then reproduce this effect on you. The fee would go up considerably. In the latter case, plan on $300-500 for the added time and skill.

Seattle Cosmetic Dentist