Cost of Facelift Done by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon?

I have read many questions and the doctors answers concerning the cost of a LifeStyle or QuickLift. So how much does the average board certified plastic surgeon charge for a facelift?

Price of a Facelift

+2

I prefer the term 'facial rejuvenation' over the more antiquated term 'facelift', as many patients that I see who seek a more youthful and refreshed facial appearance undergo a set of surgical procedures very different from what would have been considered a 'facelift' twenty-five years ago.

The word 'rejuvenation' means, literally, 'to make young again'. In each individual, different facial changes occur with age. One person may be unhappy with 'baggy eyelids', while another has 'droopy eyebrows'. One person may be troubled by 'jowls' in the lower face, while another would like an improvement in their 'floppy neck'.

Surgical treatment of facial aging changes must therefore be carefully individualized to match each patient's aesthetic needs and desires. No two 'facelifts', by necessity, are the same. In helping a patient to make decisions about plastic surgery for facial rejuvenation, I always examine and assess how each aesthetic area or 'unit' of the face contributes to an individual's overall appearance: the brows and eyelids, the cheeks or 'midface', the lower face and chin, and the neck. An individualized surgical plan is then developed which addresses each patient's specific concerns and needs.

Therefore, the price of a facelift will depend on exactly what each person needs and the time required to perform surgery. To select a plastic surgeon, take your time researching , visiting websites, view many, many before and after photos and speak to former patients.

Beware of doctors who discount their fees. Discounting the value of professional services, especially surgery, is not good marketing - it is a sign of desperation. The best plastic surgeons are still busy in this contracting economy, and they are not discounting their fees. At the same time, the most expensive surgeon is not necessarily the most talented, so as a consumer you still have to research this carefully. There is much more to consider than just the price in dollars that you pay: is your surgeon actually listening to you, do they truly understand the appearance that you hope to achieve, do you feel that he or she will be easily available and attentive once the surgery has been performed. If you don't have a good feeling, don't stick around to 'save money', go somewhere else.

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Costs of a facelift

+2

A real facelift by a board certified plastic surgeon and a LS lift by a non-plastic surgeon (usually an ENT physician) is comparing apples and oranges so you can't compare them by price either. They are not the same and the results are not the same. You might want to call Dr. Barry Bishop in Greenville SC as he is an excellent plastic surgeon.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Cost of face lift

+1
In your area I bet there are a number of qualified plastic surgeons. I prefer to use an accredited surgery center with a board certified doctor anesthesiologists so this adds about $2000 to the bill or more. The surgery fee I charge is dependent on what I do and on the low end is $4500 to $ 6,500 if we are talking just neck face area. So a total of $7000 is reasonable in my area. The procedure takes me about 3 hours and you go home about an hour after you have recovered from the anesthesia. Do not go for bargain mini or partial procedures; in my opinion you may not get the result you want and then have to pay to get them fixed. Find a well qualified doctor and look at their before and after pics. Good Luck!

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Facelift Costs Vary From State to State & Surgeon to Surgeon; The Average Surgeon Fee is $6,607.00

+1

If you are considering facelift surgery it is very important that you consult a fully trained, experienced Board-certified plastic surgeon.  A well-trained surgeon can describe to you all of the different facelift techniques and help choose the one best suited for you.

Recent statistics published by the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery indicate that the average surgeon fee for a facelift nationwide is $6,607.  This fee does not include the cost of the facility nor does it include any fees associated with anesthesia. 

Total costs for facelifts vary from geographic location to geographic location and doctor to doctor.  It is further varied depending on the procedure performed.  With this in mind, you should expect to see a range of costs for facelift surgery of approximately $6,000 to $20,000.

John J. Edney, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Look at results for value not simply cost

+1

Cost are geography dependant. In new york it may be more and in your area it may be less. Go for a consultation.  I would look to other non-invasive methods first. The basis of a facelift is not pulling the skin rather it is repositioning of tissues under the skin and then re-draping the skin over the more youthful understructure. In some patients neck liposuction, fat grafting and other procedures to the eyes or forehead are done concurrently. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to get a detailed exam and treatment plan. Most have complimentary or low cost consultations. It will better help you judge value and cost.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Cost of Facelift Surgery

+1

Thank you for your question.  The pricing information varies depending on exactly what is performed, the surgeon's credentials and experience with the procedure, if the surgery is performed in an outpatient surgery center or in an office setting, who administers the anesthesia.  Please be careful when choosing your surgeon because there is a difference in expertise, experience and credentialling.  Facelifting surgery can range from $9000 and up depending on exactly what is performed. I hope this helps.

Costs More Than a Branded "Lift"

+1

It appears that you are asking the right question; seek quality first and consider price second. Although the branded "lift" procedures have excellent marketing, they tend to have a very high percentage of dissatisfied patients. The reason for the increased costs are as follows: 1) higher quality with a well qualified, board certified facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon. Surgeons with great reputations tend to under-promise and over-deliver unlike the branded "lifts", 2) anesthesia and facility costs, 3) more comprehensive postoperative follow up.

That having been said, a Facelift in SW Florida will cost $10,000 and up.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost of a facelift

+1

The average cost of a facelift by a board-certified facial plastic surgeon in the Seattle metroplex area is $10,000 to $12,000. That includes the operating room, the anesthesia, and the surgeon’s fee.

Cost of a Facelift

+1

Cost will vary tremendously depending on what is included in the surgery. In general, with a limited procedure the cost is less & the recovery is quicker, but the results do not last as long. Be careful you don't compare apples and oranges. Having said that, costs vary from $5,000-25,000. Depending on the extent of aging, less may be better. Be clear on exactly what will be done and what are normal expectations.

Cost of facelift by board certified plastic surgeons

+1

Facelifts are most often performed by board certified facial plastic surgeons and plastic surgeons. These doctors have the best credentials, best training and the most experience. In general, they tend to have the best aesthetic sense. Actual costs vary from surgeon to surgeon usually based on experience, reputation, results, and he demand for services. In reality, the fees charged by a surgeon do not reflect results. A surgeon should not be selected using costs as the primary factor. It is best to have a consultation with an appropriate suitably credentialed surgeon who enjoys a good reputation.

You should feel comfortable that the surgeon is knowledgeable, experienced, has a reputation for good results. If you establish a good rapport with this surgeon and if the fees are affordable, schedule the surgery. Within a range, most surgeons’ fees are roughly comparable. I would be cautious selecting a surgeon whose fees are extraordinarily high or extraordinarily low.

Sigmund L. Sattenspiel, MD
Freehold Facial Plastic Surgeon