Cost of One Lower Eyelid Surgery

I had basal cell cancer under my right eye after the surgeon removed it I had to go to a plastic surgeon the next day to repair the hole, my insurance covered that but before I went into surgery the Dr. said I will probly have to come back in 5 to 6 months to have the left eye done to match the right eye. I had her do the left eye while she repaired the right eye, she told my husband and I the cost to us would be between 1700 and 2000 for everything. Does that sound right?

Cost of One Lower Eyelid Surgery

+1

While the fees sound more than fair, you should be cautious about proceeding with surgery in the event that you will need the tissue to repair from another eyelid basal cell carcinoma.

Cost of one lower eyelid surgery

+1

I will recommend to do the eye with the cancer first and get it repaired. Once you know that there is no more cancer on it and it heals, Then you can take care of the other.

If you wish to take care of both at the same time, I would suggest to get the cancer out by MOHS surgery, this way you have and extra safety net that the cancer was taken out completely with more certainty that if it is done by traditional resection only.

Gustavo A. Diaz, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost of one lower eyelid surgery

+1

Sounds like a great fee offered! I would accept this fee so as to have both operations at the same time. Be careful though get everything explained to you.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Gosh, that it a very reasonable price

+1

I would not be in a hurry to have cosmetic eyelid surgery done on the other eyelid even with such a reasonable price.

I would first be certain the right eye was fully healed.  Secondly, basal cell carcinoma is a field effect.  There is a very high risk that you might develop additional basal cell carcinomas of the eyelid.  The tissue that is removed for cosmetic eyelid surgery may be an important resource someday for helping to reconstruct the eyelids if you ever develop another eyelid basal cell carcinoma.