Cost to Decrease Upper Lip Definition?

I don't like my common lip line. I want the top of my lip to go in a rainbow shape. What sort of procedure can do this, and how much would it cost?

Shaping the Cupid's Bow with Juvederm and Restylane

+2

I believe you are referring to the "cupid's bow" in the center of the upper lip.  You may want to try the least invasive, cost-effective, and non-permanent solution by using cosmetic dermal fillers (such as Restylane or Juvederm) to the mouth.  There is definitely an art and technique that comes with mouth shaping.  We find that injecting the mucosa (pink) of the mouth as well as defining philtral columns will provide a natural lifting of these two peaks. 

Please refer to the below link for more information and photos on this concept.

Lip Augmentation and Reduction

+1

Lip augmentation can help add volume to the lip, while lip reduction procedures can help reduce bulk in specific locations.  While lip augmentation has a more standardized cost (what a physician's office charges for a syringe of a particular filler), the cost of lip reduction will vary depending on the following factors:

• amount of lip to be reduced
  • amount of time anticipated for the procedure
  • whether or not procedure can be performed in office

Anil R. Shah, MD
Chicago Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lip augmentation surgery

+1

There are several options for lip augmentation. The least invasive are the temporary fillers such as Restylane and Juvederm. There are several surgical options as well which work well as long term options. Determining which one is appropriate definitely requires consultation with a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon.

D.J. Verret, MD
Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost to decrease upper lip definition?

+1

What you need is a lip lift.

The incision is hidden under the nose,and is practically invisible after a few months.

You can really reshape the arch of the lip with it. Check out some pictures below

Ricardo L. Rodriguez, MD

Upper lip definition

+1

There are many options depending on how you really look. Filling in your lip in a specific way can change the shape of your lip dramatically and can be done with fillers like restylane, juvederm and fat injections which can last years. Directed removal of portions of your lip can help as well and this can be discussed when you talk with your surgeon. Having a doctor with a keen sense of facial beauty is key. I discovered a new theory on aesthetics that has made a significant impact on finding out the answers that we have all been looking for called the Circles of Prominence.

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon