Cost of Damon Braces? Should My Daughter Get Invisalign or Damon Braces?

My daughter (13 years old) needs braces. Her teeth are quite fine with minor adjustments needed (4mm overbite needs to be reduced to 2mm and rounder look of the two front top teeth). For a teenager, which one is a better choice: Damon or Invisalign? How much is the average cost for Damon braces? I was quoted $9000 by one dr. which seems a lot. Also does the cost depends on how much work is needed? Thanks

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

Braces vs. Invisalign

+1

Damon Braces are a branded braces of a philosophy.  Many companies and providers can provide similar treatment with similar materials.  Braces always give a better result than invisalign when done with a competent clinician.  Prices for braces vary from under 4,000-20,000.  To a degree you get what you pay for.  In a large metropolitan area most orthodonists get 7K to 10K to do case properly.  Improperly done cases tend to relapse back to their original malocclusion.  Key questions to ask are "will we end in a Class one occlusion."  Will the case be finished textbook?

Washington Cosmetic Dentist

Cost of treatment

+1

after her exam the othodontist will suggest her options and the cost for each. there are pros and cons for all approaches so ask questions

Chesterfield Orthodontist

Invisalign or braces for a teenager

+1

Given the choice between using Invisalign and braces for a teenager, my first choice is Invisalign. The teens do a great job wearing the aligners and we are getting great results with them. She will be able to do a much better job cleaning her teeth during the orthodontic treatment, the appointments are shorter, and there will be fewer if any emergency visits during the treatment. Plus she will be more comfortable, and there are no food restrictions with Invisalign.

Invisalign isn't just for simple cases. It can be used for bite correction with rubberbands and it also works for correction of open bites and deep bites. The hardest thing now about using Invisalign for a teenager is convincing the parents that it is a healthier choice for their child.

San Ramon Orthodontist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.