Cost of Damon Braces? Should My Daughter Get Invisalign or Damon Braces?

My daughter (13 years old) needs braces. Her teeth are quite fine with minor adjustments needed (4mm overbite needs to be reduced to 2mm and rounder look of the two front top teeth). For a teenager, which one is a better choice: Damon or Invisalign? How much is the average cost for Damon braces? I was quoted $9000 by one dr. which seems a lot. Also does the cost depends on how much work is needed? Thanks

Cost of treatment

+1

after her exam the othodontist will suggest her options and the cost for each. there are pros and cons for all approaches so ask questions

Chesterfield Orthodontist

Invisalign or braces for a teenager

+1

Given the choice between using Invisalign and braces for a teenager, my first choice is Invisalign. The teens do a great job wearing the aligners and we are getting great results with them. She will be able to do a much better job cleaning her teeth during the orthodontic treatment, the appointments are shorter, and there will be fewer if any emergency visits during the treatment. Plus she will be more comfortable, and there are no food restrictions with Invisalign.

Invisalign isn't just for simple cases. It can be used for bite correction with rubberbands and it also works for correction of open bites and deep bites. The hardest thing now about using Invisalign for a teenager is convincing the parents that it is a healthier choice for their child.

Rob van den Berg, DDS, MS
San Ramon Orthodontist