Cost of Corrective Deviated Septum Surgery As Well As Rhinoplasty

I'm having a corrective surgery for my deviated septum but was also planning on having my bump shaved down as well nose length shortened and if possible have the sides slimmed a little. How much much this cost approximately? Thank you!

Rhinoplasty cost

+1
Pricing varies depending on the surgeon and city where they are. It can also depend on the type of rhinoplasty you want and the extent of correction required. In Toronto, Ontario, it ranges from $8000-$10000. A portion of this may be covered by insurance because you will be getting your deviated septum corrected.

Septal surgery combined with aesthetic surgery

+1

It makes sense to combine a surgery to improve breathing (septoplasty) with additional surgery to improve appearance (rhinoplasty) rather than to have to undergo 2 surgeries. Health insurance typically helps cover some of the costs of functional (breathing) surgery but sometimes more than one procedure is indicated. IE, there may have been trauma that must be dealt with or spreader grafts to widen the airway are sometimes needed. Costs typically involve the actual surgical procedure, use of a surgical facility and an anesthesiologist (to make the whole experience more pleasant!). Actual costs will vary from location to location and surgeon to surgeon. But choose your surgeon very very carefully: one who performs nasal surgery as a core part of his/her practice and is board certified in an appropriate specialty are good starters. 

Donn R. Chatham, MD
Louisville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost of Septorhinoplasty

+1

Your out of pocket expenses will be the surgeon's fee less the amount your insurance company will pay for the septoplasty. Cost will vary from $5,000-10,000 - ask the surgeons you plan to consult. While cost is very important to all of us, don't  let that be your only parameter. Carefully choose an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon whose results you like.

Cost of rhinoplasty

+1

I would agree with the other reviewers. Performing a rhinoplasty at the same time of a corrective septoplasty is the time to do it. insurance should cover the septum correction. as for the rhinoplasty portion I agree to not save a few dollars and be careful who is performing that portion. revision procedures are more costly, more difficult sometimes and a long night mare for you. I recommend waiting 1 year after someone has had a rhinoplasty elsewhere before performing a revision.

Rick Rosen, MD
Norwalk Plastic Surgeon

Depends

+1

surgical fees depend on the surgery performed and range from about $3500 to $14,500.  If the surgery is a second or third revision surgery and multiple cartilage grafts need to be taken to rebuild structure, the surgery  cost is higher.  if a simple procedure is necessary the time of surgery and cost is less.

Gregory S. Keller, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty cost.

+1

You get what you pay for! The average cost by an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon is $6500-8500. Don't shop price since if you have to have a revision because the first doctor was cheap it will be MUCH more expensive.

Cost

+1

Nice kiss. If your septum is a medical issue then your insurance should step in. I usually cut my fee of $5,900 in half in that case.

David A. Bray, Sr., MD

Costs for Rhinoplasty with Septoplasty

+1

I think the average surgeon's fee in Ohio for Rhinoplasty ranges from $3500 to $5000. This does not include the facility fee and anesthesia fee. If you are going to be asleep to have your septum corrected, refining your nose with some rhinoplasty techniques may not take much additional time.

I would recommend you consult with a board certified surgeon to discuss your goals.

You may be able get the cosmetic results you want for a lower cost because part of you surgery would be covered under insurance.

Sumit Bapna, MD
Columbus Facial Plastic Surgeon