Cost Comparison of Lifestyle Lift vs Private Practice

Can a ABCFPS compete with a Lifestyle Lift facility pricing using a local anesthetic to accomplish the same type of results and will the scars be in front of the ears?

Good question about facelifts!

+4

First of all, I am not even exactly sure what a ABCFPS (I can guess what the letters stand for) surgeon is but what I am sure it is NOT is a real Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.  So please turn your good intent to do research into productive research and start with real plastic surgeons, operating in accreditied facilities with anesthesiologists working with them either to provide sedation or light general anesthesia. 

This is your face, the only one you've got and the results could change the rest of your life - either for the better if you make good choices or for the worse if you don't.

Price and anesthesia are about the last things to consider in facelifting!

Can a board certified surgeon compete financially with a lifestyle lift patient

+3

There is no contest . The board certified surgeon works with monitoring devices and an anaesthesiologist in a certified facility with training in the specialty not a short course in one variation of an operation for all.You can negotiate with a doctor and tell him your budget and the competition prices.Nothing is written in stone.

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Private Practice vs LifeStyle Lift

+3

There are Great, Good and not so good private practitioners that do facelifts under local anesthesia, with scars in front of the ear and results better, equal to or worse than the LiteLift. They go by many different names such as Lite Lift, Quick lift, S lift, MACS and a host of others. But the name of the procedure is not the important item. What is important is the experience, and skill of the surgeon. The best trained Plastic Surgeons are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ones with special expertise are part of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery. That is a good starting point.

You will have to live with the results - good and/or bad  for the rest of your life and if complications occur they may not be reversible. That being said, how important is the cost difference (especially if a few thousand dollars or so different) over your lifetime? 

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Facelift price comparisons

+3

I would be cautious using a bargain hunter approach to facial plastic surgery. It is possible for a private practice surgeon to compete with the corporate Lifestyle Lift pricing model. However, this is not the most important factor when considering facial plastic surgery. Finding a board certified surgeon who you are comfortable with and you trust will be with you through the entire process is much more important. I would do a few consultations and compare cost as well as results and surgeon credentials. If the one you feel most comfortable with costs a bit more then be patient, save your money, and choose him or her. You won't regret it.

Todd C. Miller, MD

Cost difference between Lifestyle Lift and Private Practice

+3

The Lifestyle Lift business model is to offer low prices an perform high volumes of surgery. They reduce their costs by performing the procedures under local anesthetic. The Lifestyle Lift offices do a very good job of selling their services. Unfortunately, they have a history of some not so reliable nor trustworthy methods of marketing and sales. In my opinion, you would do better to have consultations with board certified plastic surgeons in their private offices.

I host a weekly radio show about aesthetic procedures and products called, "New Reflections". We did a two part episode about the Lifestyle Lift. I would encourage ANYONE considering having this procedure to take the time to listen to that two part show. You will probably be shocked and amazed with what you hear. Simply use the link below.

I hope this info helps!

Adam Rubinstein, MD

Cost comparison of Face Neck Lifts

+3

When looking at the cost of a cosmetic procedure, the most important factor is your comfort and trust with the surgeon. You should feel that they can deliver on your expectations, and if there is any touch-up or revision needed, they will stand by their work. That being said, facial plastic surgeons are generally sensitive to the issue of patient budgets and may be quite competitive with brand name franchise lifts. Having intimate experience with such lifts and offices, the one thing that I stress with my patients is the difference in emphasis on quality versus quantity. I personally see all my patients postoperatively, remove their dressings and sutures, and follow them as often as needed throughout their recovery and beyond. The same cannot be said for the brand name lifts where quantity and output are encouraged. Because it is your face, price should not be the primary reason for picking a surgeon.

Gregory J. Vipond, MD, FRCSC
Inland Empire Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost Comparison in Facelift Surgery

+3

Chrystal,  thank you for asking this question.  I would like to echo Dr. Blinski's thoughts, because they address the heart of the issue.  The fact is that a well informed patient is primarily seeking a good result, in a circumstance where they they will feel comfortable, at a price which seems reasonable.  LSL prices are generally cheaper than those of most experienced Facelift Surgeons, because there is no Anesthesiologist involved, and there is no accredited facility.  However, as you are probably aware, "cutting out the middle man" isn't necessarily the smartest or most desirable thing to do in Facelift surgery; excellence in Facelift surgery is achieved via a blend of patient comfort in a scenario that allows the Surgeon to perform the procedure without compromise.  In Facelift surgery, more experience and better results generally (although not universally) correlate with a Surgeon higher on the price scale.  This brings me to the next point:  LSL is a company (not an individual Surgeon), implying vis a vis its advertising, that a remarkable result, with little downtime can be achieved in about an hour by any of its Surgeons.  Since the fine print isn't large enough or displayed for long enough for most people to read, the important point is that, "individual results may vary".  Some Surgeons are very gifted, some are not.  I would advise anyone seeking facial rejuvenation to see several well respected, well trained Facial Plastic Surgeons or Plastic Surgeons in their area.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

+3

If you are comparing LSL vs mini lifts with a boarded PS, than compare fees, results, anesthesia, etc. Here on RealSelf only 50% had a positive experience with the LSL vs 70% with a mini lift. That SAYS volumes! Obtain a LSL consult and 2 mini lift consults, if the fees were equal whom would you chose? HUMMM let me guess. 

Facelift pricing

+3

Get  consults with Lifestyle and other  practitioners in your area and be sure all costs are included. Many plastic and facial plastic surgeons can be competitive with Lifestyle Lift and possibly be able to offer you the comfort and safety of monitored sedation. Local anesthesia alone can be quite traumatic and ,in my opinion, potentially more dangerous than monitored sedation along with the  local anesthesia.

All lifts that will tighten the cheeks, jaw line and neck will involve scars in front of the ears. If done properly , these scars should be hard to detect as time goes by.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost Comparison for Facelift.

+2

The most important factor in considering this type of surgery should not be cost alone.  Your best bet would be to seek out a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area experienced in facial cosmetic surgery that you feel comfortable with.  The fees involved usually include a facility and anesthesia fee which are well worth  it to ensure the procedure is done in a safe and effective manner.  You would be well served to do some research  prior to proceeding with any surgical procedure which do carry some risk .   

Stephen Delia, MD