How Much Will It Cost to Close my Size 5/8" Gauges?

I have size 5/8 inch ear gauges that will not close on their own. How much would it cost on average to get them surgically closed?

Earlobe gauge repair

+1

I charge $300 to $400 per side to repair earlobe gauges. The costs very quite a bit from surgeon to surgeon so it pays to shop around. I do a lot of these repairs and after doing so many, the procedure becomes pretty straightforward and taes about 45 minutes under local anesthesia.

Earlobe Repair after gauging.

+1

This has been a common request since the popularity of gauging has grown.  Most of my patients who come in for this procedure tell me that they need to have the gauged ears fixed in order to apply for a job or join the military.  

The cost depends on the complexity of the surgery and whether one or both earlobes need to be repaired.  It typically is done quite comfortably under local anesthesia.  The cost in my practice ranges from $750 to $1200 depending on the complexity of the repair, time involved and if one ear or two need repair.

Good Luck,

Dr. Weider

Laurence Weider, MD

Closing Guage Earlobe Deformities

+1

Earlobe Repair Cost Factors
Of course the complexity and extent of the earlobe deformity correction will be the major factor  guiding the price. For example fixing an enlarged piercing would only be 2-3 hundred dollars but a severely stretched earlobe, one that requires a major reduction, completely torn ear lobe or congenital deformity will all require different complexities of repair. Local Anesthesia is typically used but IV sedation could be used but costs more as a certified surgery center would be utilized. The type of repairs required for a 5/8's Guage deformity which would range approximately from approximately $750 - $1500 surgeon's fees per ear and depends on how much of the rim is remaining for Orange County, California.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Price of repairing stretched and gauged ear lobes

+1

Stretching earlobes to accommodate large ear jewelery is becoming a more common procedure, and plastic surgeons are seeing larger numbers of patients who are requesting reconstruction of their stretched earlobes in order to achieve a natural contour.  Because the skin and tissue have stretched, an experienced plastic surgeon must make judgements about how much of the stretched tissue to remove and how to proceed with the reconstruction to give you your best result.  This is typically an in-office procedure under local anesthesia, and the local anesthetic can very effectively make it a painless procedure.  You will find that depending on the complexity of your earlobe reconstruction, the price may range from $700 to $1200.

Mia E. Skourtis, MD

Cost of earlobe repair

+1

The average cost is $600-$1200. It depends whether its one side or both. The procedure is performed in the office under local anesthesia. The results are usually very good. Patient satisfaction is very high.

Moneer Jaibaji, MD

Closure of Gauged Ear Lobes?

+1

This is a very more frequently requested procedure recently.  It is generally performed under local anesthesia and can produce excellent results.

Generally, this procedure costs $700-1200 depending on the situation. Like any other procedure, the skill and experience level of the surgeon is important and complications may arise-seek consultation with a well-trained board-certified plastic surgeon.

How much will it cost to close my large earring holes?

+1

Believe it or not, this is a common question.  When the military recently started awarding large "sign up" bonuses to new recruits, we had an increase in patients requesting closure of the large holes left by Gauges in the ear lobes (the military will not let you in with these in place).

Due to this, I see more patients with requests to close the holes left from gauges.  The procedure is done under local anesthesia and takes about 1 hour.  You can expect to pay between $600-$800 total depending on the size of the holes. Hope this helps.  Good luck.

Erez Sternberg, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon