Cost of Chin Implant + Rhinoplasty in NY or NJ

I was wondering what the cost of rhinoplasty + chin implant in NY or NJ. How much less would the surgery be by having 2 operations in one shot. Also if i have a deviated septum what exactly would the insurance cover. ( i have blue cross blue shield) thanks in advance!

Prices May Vary

+1

Prices for rhinoplasty and chin implant will definitely vary with geographic location and with the level of training of your surgeon.  There are serious advantages both in terms of cost and post-operative healing to combining procedures into a singe surgery.  If you are having trouble breathing or recurrent sinusitis related to a deviated septum, I would STRONGLY recommend that you see a board certified ENT prior to undergoing surgery.  You are correct that insurance will cover the cost of septoplasty (you may require turbinate reduction as well- this will have to be determined on examination) and the anesthesia time associated with the septoplasty and turbinate reduction. The cost of the rhinoplasty, chin implant, and cosmetic operating room and anesthesia fees are the fees that you will need to pay out-of-pocket, and these fees can vary greatly depending upon the subspecialty training of the surgeon you choose and the facility in which they operate.

In terms of healing, it is easier to have a single surgery to recover from than multiple surgeries.  

Technically, if you are thinking about having a rhinoplasty, you should definitely wait to do your septum until you do both procedures at the same time.  Properly performed rhinoplasty often requires multiple cartilage grafts to reinforce the new structure for your nose.  The easiest place to obtain these cartilage grafts is from your own septal cartilage.  If you were to go ahead with a septoplasty, and then decide to do your nose in a few years, your surgeon would lose the ability to use your own septal cartilage for these grafts and would have to seek out other sources for cartilage, such as your ear cartilage.  It is definitely best to do both septoplasty and rhinoplasty at the same time.

While cost can vary, in my practice, the cost is approximately $6,500 surgeon's fee, and $2,500 to the operating room and anesthesia, for a total of $9000 out of pocket.  Please bear in mind that this is just an estimate based on the information you provided.

I will end by saying that while cost is a consideration for almost everyone, I counsel my patients that the most important thing in choosing a surgeon, assuming that you are choosing among equally qualified and capable surgeons, is choosing a surgeon who's aesthetic and opinion you trust.  Aesthetic surgery is a little bit science and a little bit art.  Inevitably, your surgeon will need to make decisions for you while you are asleep that will impact your final result, and you need be comfortable that you and your surgeon are on the same page in terms of the goals of surgery and what you consider to be a beautiful result.  I find that pre-operative imaging really helps make sure that me and my patient are indeed on the same page.  

I practice on the Upper East Side of Manhattan as well as in Astoria, Queens.  If you are interested in additional information, or a consultation, please contact my office at (212) 434-4500, or click on my profile and send me a message.  Good luck!

Rhinoplasty, Nose reduction costs,septolasty insurance

+1

Yes, all these procedures could be done at once with a considerable cost savings for patients. I recommend you contact plastic surgeons offices for exact prices which will depend on what needs to be done. We definitely offer discounts. Watch my videos.

Edward J. Domanskis, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Chin and rhinoplasty

+1

Dear btbreb - thanks for your question - consideration for septal surgery, rhinoplasty and chin augmentation at one sitting is clearly best - not only from a healing perspective but also from a cost perspective.  Out in my area, if insurance is being utilitzed for functional nasal work only an hour for the nose and an hour for the chin is out of pocket.  The anesthetic and facility cost of these hours in my area will also diminish because of the insurance use.  Insurance companies don't for the most part care how the septum came to be crooked - they mostly want to see that the patient has trialed nasal medicines such as sprays and decongestants without success prior to them granting coverage. The rhinoplasty fee and the chin augmentation fee are non-insurance covered surgical fees and a ball park figure for out of pocket could be between $8500 and $9000.  peconic-faces.com

Good luck,

Dr. Kelly

Paul E. Kelly, MD
Hamptons Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cost of rhinoplasty and chin implant surgery

+1

Dear rhinoplasty patient from Ridgewood,

Rhinoplasty and Chin implant are often performed together. It is not unusual to find that some people who have a large nose and a weak chin. In these patients, the weak profile of the lower face makes the nose appear even larger than it actually is. If you feel the shape of your nose and chin is a source of embarrassment and self-consciousness for you. Make an appointment with a board certified surgeon specializing in rhinoplasty. In California, the cost of a rhinoplasty and chin augmentation generally runs from about $9,000 to $14,000, depending on the exact procedure to be performed. Where the surgery is completed is also a major factor. If the surgery must be done in a hospital instead of an outpatient surgery center, the cost will be higher. It also includes the cost of anesthesiologist. And finally, the main factor influencing the prices of a cosmetic surgery is the surgeon fee, and this depends on his/her training and the experience. A good nose job and chin implant surgery requires a specialist and skilled surgeon; the cost will rise in line with the surgeon’s experience. The cost of a nose job should never be the only deciding factor in choosing a rhinoplasty surgeon. You want to take into account whether you feel comfortable with the surgeon, as well as the doctor's experience and other qualifications. Always choose a board surgeon with experience in rhinoplasty. Make sure to look at before and after pictures to get a feel for the results the doctor has previously produced for other patients.
Good luck

Kevin Sadati, DO

Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant

+1

Cost vary widely from city to city and surgeon to surgeon.  My recommendation would be to go to a few consults with board-certified plastic surgeons and find a surgeon that you like.  You really should not be looking for a bargain when you are talking about having surgery on your body.  As the old saying goes, sometimes you get what you pay for...

Good luck.

David Shafer, MD

Rhinoplasty and chin implant

+1

If you are considering both, it is probalby a reasonable request to do them at the same time.  As for the septum, insurance usually does not cover this unless there was a documented history of severe trauma. 

There is no one cost

+1

Each doctor is different. You should save money by doing the chin and nose at the same time. Insurance pays very little for a deviated nasal septum.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

Rhinoplasty and Chin Implant

+1

Hi,

If you have a deviated septum, your insurance would cover some of the anesthesia and facility fees. The pricing in NY and NJ are about the same, except that in NJ there is a 6% tax on all cosmetic procedures which may make it slightly more expensive, it all depends on how you work it out  with your surgeon. The total cost with insurance coverage should be about $8000.

Dr.S.

Oleh Slupchynskyj, MD, FACS

Rhinoplasty with Chin Implant

+1

Insurance may be used for functional parts of the procedure, such as a septoplasty. What insurance mostly does from a cost savings is cover the time in and the time out of the room, which can be significant (about 45 minutes in total)

Since cosmetic surgery is an out of pocket expense, the facility and anesthesia components are based on time.

The overally cost of the procedure would depend on the amount of work being done (for example tip-plasty versus profile plasty or both) as well as where the procedure is done.

Even with insurance coverage, I would not expect that this procedure could be done for less than 8,000 or 9,000 including facility and anesthesia payments, as well as surgeon's fees.

Ultimately, you will receive more specific pricing information at the time of a formal consultation

Best of luck

Richard W. Westreich, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon