Breast Lift: Scars, Risks and Costs?

Need Help. Cost of Breast Lift? Scars? Risks?

I'm trying to find info about breast lift cost. I'm 19 and My breasts are sagging.About a year ago I was over prescribed to a medication for ADHD. I lost 40 lbs in a month and the medication also caused dermitimania (where you pick at your skin.)

After getting of the medication I gained the weight back and now I'm left with a body I can't even look at. I cry almost everyday and I don't think I can except that this is what I look like at 19. Are there any other options? I work a min wage job.

Cost of breast lift after weight loss

+1

t is geography dependent. In Florida it runs $6000-8000. More important than price is safety and experience. Also, as an aside, breast lift, has never been a covered procedure with any insurance carrier unless it is to match a breast reconstruction for breast cancer.

Breast Lift Candidate?

+1

I'm sorry to hear about your concerns regarding the breasts' appearance. Based on your description of weight loss and the effects it has had on your breasts, There are a variety of different ways to improve the position and size of your breasts.  Exactly the procedure that is performed depends on your goals in regards to size, shape, superior pole volume etc.

Breast lifting procedures are associated with scars on the breasts;  exactly where these scars will be located will depend on the patient's physical examination and specific procedure performed. Most patients undergoing this procedure will accept scarring as long as their overall goals in regards to size, shape, contour and symmetry are met. 

In person consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons will be the best place to start.  As you do your “homework” you will learn about the potential risks/complications.  Also consider issues such as timing of the surgery in relation to your life circumstances ( such as relationships and/or pregnancies).

Make sure you do your due diligence and see lots of examples of the plastic surgeons'  work.

Breast lift?

+1

It is difficult to tell what you would need without seeing photos.  If you need a breast lift for sagging, then you are trading sagging breasts for breasts of better contour but with some scars that usually do well in most patients.  If your "sagging" is really deflation without excessive overhang or a low nipple position, it is possible that a breast implant woulf fill out the breast, correct the deflation, and result in fewer scars.  However, if the breast has a low nipple position or excessive overhang, using implants without doing a lift will give you a very bad result.  Go see a board-certified plastic surgeon to at least find out what your choices are and what is involved.

Robert M. Grenley, MD

Breast Lift

+1

I would suggest that you schedule a consultation and examination with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns. Upon examination, a well trained surgeon will be able to recommend the treatment options that will best address your concerns. Fees are based on the exact nature of the procedure and can be quoted once you have spoken to the surgeon.  Best of luck!

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Breasts Lifts Trade Off Sagging For Scars

+1

Whether a breast lift is appropriate for you or not (are the scars worth it) would depend on what your breasts look like and how much ptosis you actually have. Without pictures, it is not possible to make any comment about whether this type of breast plastic surgery is for you. Since one is trading off one problem for another (sagging for scars) and you are so young, you need to think this through carefully. But the first place to start is what your breasts look like. Please provide pictures or consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD