How Much Will It Cost Me to Get Breast Implants if I Have Tubular Breasts? (photo)

i suffer from tubular breast i would like to know what would it cost me to have this problem fixed. also i would like to know if i get breast augmentation would this fix the problem

Tubular?

+2

They don't look tubular to me. The cost depends on the doctor and where the surgery is done. Have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon and discuss your issues.

Breast lift and breast implants

+2

Before considering the price of surgery you need an accurate diagnosis of the current situation, then find out what needs to be done and then compare prices and surgeons. If you change this order there is a greater chance you will have a problem needing additional surgery with more costs. It is unclear from your posted photo that your breasts are tubular. If the creases under the breasts are high you likely have a variant of tubular breasts. What the photos clearly show is more breast tissue above the nipples than below them, flattened breasts and downward pointing nipples. You will need a lift so the nipples point straight forward and surgery on the deeper tissues so the breast tissue is centered and more evenly distributed under the nipples before you place implants. If you just place the implants without these adjunctive procedures the result will be suboptimal. You will need a face to face examination to get the specifics of the adjunctive procedures. Once that is all clear then you can begin to compare prices. Giving you price quotes without knowing exactly what needs to be done is not wise.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

Aaron Stone, MD

Tuberous breasts?

+2

It does not look like fromt he phots that you ahve tuberous breasts. Certainly a full exam would be essential. From the photos alone, it looks like you could benefit from implants and maybe a lift.

Tubular (Tuberous/Constricted) Breasts?

+2

Tuberous breast  anomalies will vary from one patient to another. Therefore, the treatment plan will also differ depending on the physical examination and the specific  goals of each patient. The cost of the procedure  will also vary significantly depending on exactly what is done and  the location of the surgery.

Some of the characteristics seen with tuberous breasts include a very narrow base, short distance from areola to inframammary fold, tight (constricted) lower pole of the breasts, relatively wide space between the breasts, "puffy" and areola and some degree of ptosis (drooping).
Generally,  correction of tuberous breast anomalies involves breast augmentation with areola reduction / mastopexy procedure. The distance from the inframammary fold is increased (to create a more rounded out appearance). Proper implant positioning improves the distance (cleavage) between the breasts. The areola reduction helps to treat the pointed and "puffy" appearance of the areola.

In the most severe cases of tuberous breast, a more complete breast lift may also be necessary.  In many cases however, a lift is not necessary. The patient should be aware that the final result will take months to see and that they will need to be patient and that revisionary surgery is more likely than in patients who do not present with tuberous (constricted) breasts.
Again, I would suggest in person consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can demonstrate significant experience helping patients with tuberous breasts.

Breast augmentation

+1

YOU HAVE A COMPLICATED STARTING POINT. iT IS NOT A SIMPLE MATTER TO JUST PLACE AN IMPLANT IN YOUR CASE. In complicated cases revision surgery may be required and the cost is dependent on what would be required. 

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Cost of Breast Augmentation with Lift?

+1

You appear to have deflated, asymmetric breasts which would respond well to a breast augmentation and a lift procedure. Any elements of constricted or tuberous breast can be improved nicely at the time of the augmentation by releasing the breast constriction bands from the inside. The cost will vary widely from city to city and even from surgeon to surgeon. This is especially true in the New York area which has a large number of good yet expensive Plastic surgeons.

Correction of Tuberous Breasts and Costs

+1

You do not appear to have a classically tuberous breast. Your photo suggests that you may have some of the components of a tuberous breast such as a narrowed base and a constricted lower pole. It is not possible to say for sure without examining you, but your situation can likely be corrected with just an implant, whereas correction of a true tuberous breast usually includes a peri-areolar mastopexy.

Cost will vary with location, type of procedure, and surgeon. Be sure that you consult with a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and someone who is experienced in dealing with complicated breast problems.

Braden Stridde, MD
Federal Way Plastic Surgeon

Tubular breasts can be corrected with implants

+1

Tubular breasts usually require breast implants to give them a more aesthetically pleasing shape.  Also, the breast tissue around the areolae may have to be released in order to acheive the desired shape.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

+1

Thanks for the posted photo. My practice I offer 2 to 3 operations as a staged reconstruction the your type of breasts. In stage 1, I do a lift to gain a more normal height of the N/A complexes. In stage 2 are the insertion of implants. Final stage is the "tweeking" stage if needed. Fees are determined on a case by case basis. 

Cost for lift with implants

+1

Thank you for your question and the photo.  Based on the photo alone, a breast lift with a circumareolar technique with implant placement should correct the problem. Cost will vary according to your geographic area. Best of luck.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS