Cost of Body Lift After WLS?

After WLS I have lost 115 pounds and am interested in plastic surgery to take care of the excess skin, specifically a lower body lift. There is wonderful information on this site (thank you doctors!) but those addressing cost are a few years old.

Cost of body lift

+1

Great job!! I would budget $11-18K.  I would also wait for 6 months of weight stability before you have surgical procedures. Unfortunately there is no effective non-surgical method.  However, a body lift can truly change your life. Excess abdominal fat  and skin is removed, the abdomen and your core is tightened, your hips are raised and defined and your buttock has new definition and shape.  The combination is powerful and the results are immediate. I would do the body lift first, then stage procedures every 4-6 months. Healing time is 2-4 weeks. The most important thing is safety. Please don't compromise on this! See a board certified plastic surgeon

A lower body lift will cost between 15-20 K

+1

Thank you for the question.  Prices of all elective procedure vary among plastic surgeons and different areas of the country.  Expect to pay between 15-20K for a full lower body lift.  You will want to seek several consultations with well trained board certified plastic surgeons that have experience with body contouring after weight loss.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD