Cost of Artefill

I hear so many costs per syringe starting at $600 for 2 syringes. The going price here by a plastic surgeon is $1000 per syringe with the 3rd one free. What's with all these cheap prices I read?

Artefill is a great as a permanent filler

Prices vary upon region for any surgical or non-surgical procedure. With that being said, in Chicagoland area, it is most commonly quoted $800 - $1000.  When purchasing more thab one syringe, the price may drop.  Pricing also depends on who is injecting the product.

Chicago Oculoplastic Surgeon

Artefill costs vary according to 0.4cc syringe vs 0.8 cc syringe.

Artefill cost is typically $600-750 for 0.4 cc syringe and $1000-1200 for a 0.8 cc syringe in Beverly Hills, CA.  You are paying for the doc's expertise in injecting something that is permanent in some areas and 4-5 yrs in the nasolabial areas. You need to be skin tested 1st and then usually have it put in in 2 sessions 3-4 months apart.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Artefill or Bellafill Prices

The price for Artefill, now rebranded as Bellafill, can be highly variable as with any filler. The manufacturer does not set the cost. If you see a lower price, BE CAREFUL!!! In general, the lower price means that a nurse, physician’s assistant or a physician who is not a cosmetic surgical specialist is doing the injection. At my office, I do all of the Bellafill injections and the cost is $1000 per syringe.

I have 9 years of experience with Bellafill or Artefill and feel comfortable injecting just about anywhere it is needed to restore volume.

I also act as a go to physician for problem cases with Artefill or Bellafill and I can tell you that 99% of the problems I see are either because the injector did not understand the product and treated it like a temporary filler or the error was purely injector error.

As long as you chose an experienced physician as your injector, I think you will be really pleased with your results. I caution patients all the time to be very wary of the cheaper price. This is a permanent product. You want the best taking care of you and that costs a little more!

I hope that helps.

Best regards.

Brian Windle, MD
Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Artefilll cost

In our region, the cost per a syringe (0.8cc) of Artefill is between $800 and $1000. Occasionally, some doctors may offer a special introductory price of less than $800. In some cases, if more than one syringe is used in one treatment session, than subsequent syringes may be priced $100 to $200 less. While is is OK to shop by price, keep in mind that not every doctor is trained on proper use of this injectable. Obtain a consultation from a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Facial Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Artefill - cost

I'm not sure where you saw an Artefill syring costing $600 - I agree that $900-$1100 is how much a syringe costs, at least in my area.  It's possible you saw an ad for one of the other fillers - those cost around $600.  Many of my patients are happy to pay a little more for Artefill because it lasts significantly longer and ends up saving them money in the long run.

Dr. Cat Begovic M.D.

Cost of Artefill - financial & otherwise

The cost of Artefill varies from region to region and depends on the experience & training of the injector. Since you are injecting a "permanent" filler, you have to make sure its the Dermatologist or Plastic surgeon who is injecting you. That said, for a full syringe (0.8cc), costs will vary in Canada from about $750-$1200 per syringe, with a discount for using multiple syringes or if other services are combined (e.g. Botox)...there is no set price.

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Artefill cost: "renting" versus "buying"

With all due respect to Dr. Hansen's comment, Artefill hasn't been available in the 0.4cc size for well over a year. If someone's offering a 0.4cc syringe, it's either old (expired) stock, not the real thing, or has been otherwise unofficially altered.

With only the 0.8cc syringe available, most patients will require 1 to 2 syringes of Artefill for a first treatment and then another 1 (or maybe 2) syringes for a second treatment a couple months later to finalize the look. And although it's about 2 to 3 times more expensive initially than temporary fillers, Artefill quickly comes out ahead cost-wise within about two to three years since it persists while the other all go away.

David C. Pearson, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon