Cost and Option for Removal Breast Implant. Why is There Such A Big Difference In Costs?

I am age 30 and considering removing my saline breast implants after two and half years had it done. Simply because I don't feel like myself anymore... I have been calling different doctors and the receptionist been asking me come in for consultation before can provide me with a cost. Cost is my number one concern... as I am reading online the cost range from hundreds to thousands, just why there is so much difference? I was told there is many way to get it removed, how? Thank you for your time.

+1

Breast implant removal,especially if they are  saline implants, is usually a straight forward procedure.Removal can often times be done under local anesthesia,and should not cost very much

Removal becomes more complicated if there is a calcified capsule necissitating capsulectomy,Not all cases need a capsulectomy,especially with saline implants

If the breasts are sagging, a lift may be necessary,which adds to the cost

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Cost of removing breast implants

+1

Removing breast implant in most cases is a straight forward procedure. In some cases capsulectomy or removing part of the capsule is necessary. That why, it is better down under general anesthesia. Can it be done under local anesthesia, yes. but it has its limitations. As for the cost, which ever way its done, there is a cost for facility, anesthesia and surgeons fee. You have to see a board certified plastic surgeon, and work on the cost issue with their office.

Cost and Option for Removal Breast Implant

+1

The costs involved with surgery includes anesthesia and facility fees. These two costs can vary considerably depending on the arrangements that the surgeon has with the anesthesiologist and facility. Moreover, location even in the same city/county can play a role. If a surgeon his own operating facility, then the fee structure tends to be less. Consult with 3 - 4 surgeons to understand your options. 

Costs for removing breast implants

+1

The reason costs vary for elective, cosmetic procedures such as removal of breast implants is the same as for other procedures. It depends on whether the surgeon has his or her own operating setup, whether the procedure is done under general anesthesia or local anesthesia, and what is required to accomplish the procedure. 

Since I have my own accredited facility and can do such procedures (simple removal) under local anesthesia, with or without IV sedation, I can do a simple removal of saline implants for a total of hundreds rather than thousands. If the procedure was done in an outpatient facility or hospital under general anesthesia and some form or dealing with ruptured gel implants or a capsulectomy was required, then the costs would be in the thousands. 

Different surgeons will have different opinions on simple removal vs. capsulectomy and often are looking to add procedures such as a lift. In the absence of an abnormality in the capsule around the implant, I think the patient should be able to choose a simple removal of her implants if she understands the issues. 

Denver Plastic Surgeon

Removal of Breast Implants and Costs?

+1

The costs of surgery will vary from one office to another. My suggestion would be to meet with a few well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons to discuss options. For example, you may find that if the breast implants can be removed under local anesthesia only than the cost of the procedure can be minimized.  If your surgery is more complicated (for example if there is a need to remove the surrounding breast implant capsule), then it is likely that additional anesthesia will be necessary.  Costs of surgery will therefore be greater.

Be careful you do not make the cost of surgery your first  priority;  you may end up in the office of a non-plastic surgeon.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/Procedure_breastAugmentation.htm

Removing implants

+1

The fees for removing implants really depends upon what needs to be done. I do not know anyone who will do it for hundreds of dollars. It costs a few thousand dollars just to use an operating room. This does not even include the surgeon's fee.