How Much Does It Cost to Have 10 or More Moles Removed?

Mole Removal

+1

You should be careful that the "cure" is not worse than the original problem. If the mole appears benign, I would not cut it out, and especially not on the nose. I use a radiofrequency device (Ellman) or a scalpel to sculpt the mole so it is flat with the surrounding skin surface. I have "removed" thousands of moles this way over the last 15+ years, and never once placed a scar on the patient's face. They could grow back, but in my vast experience this has only happened less than 5 times over the years. If there is any suspicion for cancer, the mole should be biopsied first.

The cost for facial moles is usually about $400-500, but we discount if multiple are done at the same time.

Good Luck.

Providence Oculoplastic Surgeon

Cost to have 10 or more moles removed

+1

The fee range is dependent upon the area of the USA. But here is a range from $1,000 to $5,000. Hope that helps but seek opinions in person from boarded surgeons in your area.

From MIAMI Dr. B

Cost of Mole Removal

+1

The cost of a procedure is more a function of a Surgeon's time than anything else.  I generally excise and suture moles.  As noted by Dr. Oppenheim, the size and nature of the mole will determine how much time and effort are required to achieve a satisfactory result.  The cost of removal of a single mole will start at $300 and go up from there.  The more moles that require excision, the more sutures, etc. are required and an additional fee is attached for every procedure performed.

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Check with Physicians

+1

My suggestion would be to call the physician you are considering for these procedures. The cost very well may depend on the type of excision done: excision versus a shave; and the size of the mole. Personally, I charge for the first three and do the rest at no cost. My attitude is that the instruments, sutures etc. are already being used ( my costs are the same) so why charge more? However, my view is not universally shared so check first.

You should also be aware of the cost of pathology. Ever since the government foolishly enacted the CLIA regulations, in their determined effort to drive up the cost of medicine and stick it to the uninsured, we are forced to send specimens off to pathology, even the most innocuous looking moles. Usually, the pathology cost is greater than the surgeon's fee. 

Al;so be  aware  that most insurance companies pay decently for the first two removed, somewhat less for the next two and virtually nothing for the remainder. 

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.