I Am Having Eye Muscle Botox Injection Soon, How Long Before It's Safe to Travel by Airplane?

The procedure is relaxing the inside muscle, due to pulling/pain on outside muscle. small amount to be injected. I know that it takes a few days to "settle" into correct location, but also I imagine changes in pressure might affect absorption etc - so how long do I need to wait before flying? (1day? 1week? 1month? etc) Thanks!

Botox enters the muscles very quickly...there's no travel restriction after therapy...

+1

if you go straight from the doctor's office to the airport, even if there were no TSA, you'd be fine...hope you have a good trip

No flying restrictions after Botox injections

+1

I know of no contraindicatin to flying after a Botox injection.  The main precaution is not to rub the area for 4 hours.  

Eye muscle Botox injection

+1

Injecting Botox into the extraocular muscles for  treatment of what I presume is spasm, is something that you should ask you eye doctor about. He may want you to stay in town for a few days to a week to see how it responded.

Botulinum toxin (Dysport and Botox) for eye muscles and how long before airplane traveling is permissible.

+1

There are two issues here: 1) Q: When is it safe to fly? A: Probably anytime after 24 hours to ensure that no unusual bleeding 2) Q: When is it wise ot fly? A: If you are traveling for the treatment and want to ensure that you have achieved the desired result, it may be wise to wait around for about 2 weeks in the event you need a touch up injection.

Botox and Traveling

+1

Great question...Botox enters the nerves at the site of injection within 90 to 120 minutes after injection. The action on the muscle takes approximately 3-5 days to become evident and typically 2 weeks to settle completely. There is not contraindication to flying after a Botox injection, especially if it is a "small" amount". 

Good Luck!

Dr. C

johnconnorsmd.com

John Philip Connors III, MD, FACS

Botox - when is it safe to fly

+1

There are no contraindications to flying with Botox.  It is recommended not to exercise the same day to keep the Botox from migrating but flying should be no problem.

Dr. Cat Begovic M.D.

Catherine Huang-Begovic, MD

It Is safe to travel after BOTOX injections

+1

The botulinum toxin is picked up very quickly by the muscle, we tell our patients 30-60 minutes. The actual effect may take several days to show up but the process begins very quickly. I have no restrictions for our patients with flying, lying flat, etc.

Brian Maloney, MD, FACS
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Air travel after Botox to Eye Muscle

+1

Air travel should not have any effect on your botox injection. However, it sounds like you are having botox injected into one of your extraocular muscles for double vision. In that case, it may be worth while to wait a few days to see the effect of the injection so as not to impair or disrupt your use of both eyes.

Carlo Rob Bernardino, MD
Monterey Oculoplastic Surgeon

Can I fly after having Botox?

+1

Hi Cali2DC.  It's perfectly fine to fly after having Botox or any injection procedure for that matter.  

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Botox injections and flying

+1

There are no contraindication for flying after Botox injections. The only precaution is not to massage the injected area for about 1hr. following the injection. 

Henri P. Gaboriau, MD