Which Cosmetic Surgery(ies) Would Be Best? (photo)

Dear Drs, I have a recessive chin / jaw and a prominent nose which gives me an awful profile. I will undergo rhinoplasty to correct the prominence of my nose but I am not sure what surgery to select for balancing my chin / jaw. Based on your experiences with similar patients what would you recommend for me? I feel a chin implant may help but would I need surgery to my neck, a trachea shave or jaw implants to improve my jaw line as well? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Rhinoplasty and chin augmentation for weak chin and prominent nose

+1

From the photos presented there is an overly projected nose and an under projected chin.  Both can be addressed quite easily through rhinoplasty and chin augmentation.  The rhinoplasty procedure would make the nose smaller by de-projecting the entire nose, including hump removal, tip refinement, and narrowing the bridge.  The chin augmentation involves a small incision underneath the chin and placing a small silastic chin implant directly over the bone.  The chin implant would also give the illusion of a less prominent.  Both of these procedures are performed together under general anesthesia in our ambulatory surgery center.

Web reference: http://seattlefacial.com/photogallery/facialimplants_photos16.html

Balancing chin and nose

+1

Yes, you seem to be a bit deficient in the lower 1/4 of your face. Cephalometric analysis will help guide you in your decision making process. You may need a sliding genioplasty or a less invasive proceure such as a chin implant to  achieve  your goals.