Surgery to Correct Distance Between Eyes?

Is it possible to correct the distance between eyes through surgery? I know that moving the eyes themselves is impossible and dangerous, so is there a way to try to fix that somehow? My eyes are just like this famous woman's.

Correction of eye distance

+1

There are certainly ways to narrow the distance between the eyes.  In general, however, this is a very invasive procedure and requires a large forehead flap and craniofacial surgery.  Unless this is very grossly deforming, the risk of this surgery far outweigh the benefits.  Good luck.

Surgery to correct distance between eyes?

+1

Dear Mmj,

Yes. It is possible.
However, the overriding question that every ethical plastic surgeon would ask is : "lama at rotzat laasot et ze??"

In conditions involving either congenital (born with) or acquired (came after birth - especially traumatic) hypertelorism - increased distance between the eye sockets, craniofacial surgeons LITERALLY saw the skull and eye sockets and move them centrally with screws and plates. In cases of fractures (IE LeFort III), the ligaments of the inner corners of the eyes are loose - those are united in the midline with a wire until the bones are healed in the new locations.

Back to my original question - based on this picture who may be famous (but frankly I have no idea who she is) - which surgeon would be willing to put a normal and attractive woman through such mega-surgery.

In my humble opinion, azvi et ze.

Good Luck.

Peter A Aldea, MD, FACS
www.TheBeautyDoctors.com