Best Cosmetic Procedure to Reduce an Acne Cyst Scar and Large Pores?

Acne Cyst Scar/Large Pores Treatment

+1

Thank you for your question. You will likely get the best results if a combination of therapies are utilized including, laser resurfacing, surgery, and possible chemical peels. For best and safest results, be sure to consult with a Board Certified Dermatologist or Plastic Surgeon who has expertise in acne, scarring, and skin of color to determine all of your options. I hope this helps.

Bay Area Dermatologist

Acne scars and large pores can be treated with various modalities including fillers and lasers

+1
I have an arsenal of lasers and fillers to correct acne cyst scars.  Fraxel is excellent to smooth out scars all over the face.  Restylane can be injected into the deeper scars.  V-Beam can be used if the scar is red. Peels can be used if the scars are dark and hyperpigmented.  It all depends on the type of scars you have.  We have come a long way to treat acne scars!

Michele S. Green, MD

Hello

+1

In our practice and I’m sure every practice has their own way of treating acne scars. We have laser treatments and or a mini facelift to stretch out the skin. We have Profractional laser treatment and micro laser peels. Those procedures will improve your acne scars dramatically.

Stuart B. Kincaid, MD, FACS

Acne cyst scar and large pores

+1

For a single, deep acne scar - removing the scar is usually best.

For wide thin scars - a filler. Radiesse has worked well for my patients.

For large pores - Obagi or other tretinoin+glycolic-based skin care combined with a TCA peel helps. As does staying out of the sun.

Results vary - depending to some extent on the nature of your skin but a lot can be done.

Hope this helps. Best wishes.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Treatments for acne scars and large pores

+1

There are several treatments that can correct acne scars. Choosing the right one often depends on the type of scar and the patient's skin type.  For broad-based, depressed or atrophic acne scars, injectable fillers work very nicely.  Pitted or ice-pick scars require different techniques including electrosurgery, punch excision, chemical peeling and/or laser.  As for pores, topical creams such as RetinA (tretinoin) and glycolic can minimize pores. In office treatments such as Isolaz (laser and vacuum combined) Silkpeel (modern micro-dermabrasion with suction) can also improve pores. I recommend you consult with a board-certified dermatologist.

Channing R. Barnett, MD