Cosmetic Fillers in Cheeks Yesterday, Surgeon Massage Area Really Hard to Spread it Out Evenly?

However, since sleeping overnight - i slept on one side and I now have a hard lump under my eye - you can't see it but you can feel it. Is this anything to be concerned about? Could this be bruising from the needle? It is hard to tell.

+1

Hi Sarah. Give it a few weeks to let the area heal and the inflammation go down, most likely within the next two weeks the bump will resolve. I suggest advising your medical provider about the situation.

Non visible lump

+1

I would wait a full 2 weeks after injection to evaluate any areas of concern. Swelling and bruising are definite possibilities. Scheduling a follow up at that time for the physician to evaluate you would be my recommendation. Best of luck.

George T. Boris, MD, FRCS, FACS

Hard lump after Juvederm injection

+1

It is possible that the hard lump is either filler or a deep bruise. As long as it is not visible from the outside, rest assured either condition will resolve in 1-2 weeks.

Laxmeesh Mike Nayak, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hard lump under eye day after Juvederm is probably a bruise

+1

Juvederm is a very soft filler. I'm not sure why the doctor massaged so hard in that area but its likely he created the bruise.  It can take up to two weeks to resolve.  If it still is hard there it might be the filler and at that time you can try hyaluronidase.  I would always use blunt cannulas in this area to decrease bruising.  Also I prefer Restylane over Juvederm for this area. Better lifting ability of Restylane.   Steve Weiner, MD, Facial Plastic Surgeon, Panama City, Florida

Steven F. Weiner, MD