Cosmetic Eyebrow Tattoo Removal?

I have my eyebrow tattooed on (containing iron-oxide) and I am interested in getting laser tattoo removal. I have read mixed reviews about using a laser. I read that cosmetic tattooing is difficult to remove because it reacts negatively with lasers. I have also read that back is the easiest color to remove by laser and the more research I do black has iron-oxide in it. By eyebrows are brown and flesh color.I have also read mix reviews about it causing permanent hair loss in eyebrows.

Cosmetic eyebrow tattoo removal

+1

the ink used to make flesh or skin colored tattoos is a certain kind of iron oxide (rust) that when treated with lasers gets darker. that color change can be resistant to further laser treatments. additionally, repeat laser treatments can cause hair loss or cause you to have white hair. this change may be permanent. pico-second lasers are new in the industry and we know less about them as compared to other lasers that have been around for a while. Im not sure whats the right laser for you without any risk of adverse effects as mentioned above. good luck 

Cosmetic Tattoo Removal

+1

I'm afraid that removal of your tattoo is going to be difficult. The flesh-colored portion of your tattoo will likely turn black with laser treatment. Even if you do not lose hair, the Q-switched lasers used to remove tattoos can depigment dark hairs.

The best advice I can give is to wait for the release of a "pico-second" laser which should be made available next year. If you are willing to travel to New York, Dr Roy Geronemus has been using one.

William M. Ramsdell, MD
Austin Dermatologic Surgeon