Cosmetic Dentistry Inquiry

I am a 32 year old man who is greatly embarassed by his two front teeth. They are considerably larger than the rest of my teeth, and totally consume my smile in an unattractive way. This makes me self conscience professionally and socially. What options would be best to pursue? Replacement? Veneers? Quite simply I would like a proportional, attractive, smile and these two front teeth are causing me great distress. Any suggestions or direction would be greatly appreciated. Thank You.

Huge Front Central Incisors...embarassed and want to have a normal smile.

+1

I also noticed your lateral incisors (the ones next to your central incisors, the front two teeth) are small and pushed back.  I would recommend at least doing four porcelain veneers on those four upper incisors.  By doing this you will get the teeth straight, in alignment, and properly proportioned, so that the central incisors and lateral incisors look normal and natural.

Your situation is very straight forward and relatively easy for most cosmetic dentists to correct. It will be a life changing metamorphosis for you, and should certainly be something that you will never regret.  When I have done dental enhancements such as your need my patients often say to us afterwards, "That was so easy, I wish I would have done the treatment years before."

Laguna Niguel Cosmetic Dentist

What Are My Options For My Two Large Front Teeth?

+1

It is very common to feel embarrassed when your smile is not as attractive as you would like for it to be.  It is the first thing people notice when they see you. It accounts for a good portion of the first impressions that we make everyday.  The good news is that your smile can be improved dramatically with porcelain veneers.  You are the perfect candidate for this procedure and it can be performed in as little as two visits.  Looking at your photo I feel that eight porcelain veneers would be ideal to narrow your incisors and give you a fantastic result.  The teeth would be reshaped to make room for the veneers and then they are bonded to the outside surfaces of your natural teeth.  With the combination of a skilled cosmetic dentist and top-notch laboratory, you will have a stunning new smile that you can be very proud of.  Good luck!  

Scott Young, DDS
Houston Cosmetic Dentist

Large Front Teeth Makeover

+1

From what I can see from your photo your front two teeth  appear so large due to the crowding.  If that is the case braces or Invisalign might be your ideal treatment with a potential for additional Porcelain Veneers and Gum Re-contouring (gum lift) if the adjacent teeth to your central incisors are proportionally too small.   It is not uncommon to feel self conscience when there are issues with your smile but rest assured that this can be reversed with the proper cosmetic dental treatment.  I have seen so many clients completely change once they have had a smile makeover.  Just stay positive and find a cosmetic dentist that can help you regain your social confidence,  you will not regret it.

Dan Haas, DDS
Toronto Cosmetic Dentist

Large Central Incisors

+1

Thank you for your question and for sending a photo. The other cosmetic dentists have answered your question well. I would only emphasize to treat enough teeth with porcelain restorations (veneers) to get a balanced look that compliments you smile and face. Good luck.

Mickey Bernstein, DDS
Memphis Cosmetic Dentist

Cosmetic Dentistry

+1

I think you can get terrific results.  My plan would be to first align your teeth in the correct orientation with orthodontic treatment (i.e. Invisalign or braces).  You would likely need some shaving of the enamel to straighten your teeth out, this is called IPR (inter-proximal-reduction).  Once your teeth are aligned your smile will already look much better.  Then veneers can be used to perfect your smile.   Good Luck!

Peter Mann, DDS
Manhattan Cosmetic Dentist

You have some options to fix your two front teeth

+1

Your two front teeth are dominating the smile.  Some enamelplasty may help but you may need veneers to make the 6 front teeth all symmetrical.  I would suggest you find a local cosmetic dentist to assist you in making a decision regarding your smile.

Leonard Tau, DMD
Philadelphia Cosmetic Dentist

You have options

+1

Thanks for including a picture.  The over dominance of your upper cental incisors can be corrected - and by several different techniques.  Perhaps just some 'enameloplasty' or reducing the size - followed by moving the surrounding teeth into their correct position.  This would be minor orthodontics using Invisialign or Clear Correct.  Part of your your esthetic problem is the under dominance of the lateral incisors (the small teeth next to the centrals).  Moving them forward is part of the solution.

Your problem is usually a simple correction, of course, only after an exam by a cosmetic dentist would this diagnosis be possible.  I would recommend you finding a great local dentist and finding out for sure.

You will love the result.

Greg Lutke, DDS
Plano Cosmetic Dentist