Do I Have to Go to a Cosmetic Dentist For a Gum Lift?

Do I really have to go to a Cosmetic Dentist to get a gum lift surgery? Or Can I go to a Periodontist? I don't have money to go to a cosmetic dentist. Will I be able to get the same results?

See a Periodontist for Gum Issues

+1

A board certified periodontist should be your first choice for a gum lift.  Cosmetic dentistry is not a specialty.  Cosmetic dentists are general dentists that have a preference for treating patients with cosmetic concerns.   A periodontist is a specialist that is trained in treating gum recession.

Dr. Krivitsky

Los Angeles Cosmetic Dentist

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon For a Gum Lift

+1

You absolutely Do Not need to go to a Cosmetic Dentist for a Gum Lift.  A periodontist would be fine, but a Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon is the MOST qualified individual for this procedure.  A Board certified periodontist has more training in the gum lift procedure than a cosmetic dentist usually, but A Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon has 4-6 years of Hospital post doctoral training as opposed to 2-3 yrs schooling for a periodontist.  The best way to find a good doctor is to have multiple opinions and see some before and fter photos, especially for a gum lift procedure

Web reference: http://drbdorfman.com

Phoenix Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon