CosmetAssure - Worth Changing Surgeons For It?

I’m scheduled to have a tummy tuck in a few months. My surgeon is board certified and I trust him completely but I’m worried that complications might arise that won’t be covered by my insurance company and my surgeon doesn’t offer any cosmetic insurance policies. So, I’m now thinking about switching to another surgeon who offers CosmetAssure Insurance which will cover any complications that could occur as a result of my TT. Is CosmetAssure worth changing surgeons or am I just being paranoid?

CosmetAssure is definitely a plus

+3

Choosing the right plastic surgeon for you is probably the most important decision that you will make with regards to actually having plastic surgery.  And there are many factors that go into this decision.  Obviously you want a Board-certified plastic surgeon. But you also want one that you feel you connect with: he or she is hearing what you want, and their recommendations should make sense to you.  You also want to make sure that you are comfortable with the office staff because you will be dealing with them a lot.

One of the things to discuss is what happens if a complication occurs and additional medical care is needed.  If your doctor does participate with CosmetAssure, this is definitely a plus.  If you are choosing between two plastic surgeons -- both of whom you would be comfortable with (for all the reasons above), CosmetAssure could be the tie-breaker, so to speak. But, CosmetAssure alone is not a reason to pick one doctor over another.

Fortunately, complications do not happen very often.  But if they do, it's great to have CosmetAssure on your side.

David B.

Knoxville Plastic Surgeon

Cosmetic Surgery insurance for complication

+2

Cosmetic surgery by board certified Plastic Surgeons has a very low complication rate. Chosing a board certified Plastic sureon is the first step to insure that you will get an excellent outcome. However, complication do occur occasionally. It is also very important to trust your Plastic surgeon. If you have two equally qualified Plastic surgeons whom you trust, the decision is yours. Ask your surgeon the following questions.

1) how he/she handles complications

2) who is responsible for the cost of complications

3) What is his/her complication rate?

4) If you do have complications, who will be responsible for the cost (including hospital cost)

In my Atlanta practice, we provide our patients the peace of mind with CosmetAssure. It also gives me peace of mind knowing that if anything goes wrong, my patients are protected. Even though, my complication rate is very low (less than 1%), I think CosmetAssure shows my patients that I care about them even after the procedure. Its worth the small fee.

Good luck with your tummy tuck.

Web reference: http://www.georgiaplastic.com

CosmetAssure

+1

Who you choose as your surgeon is your decision only.  Be sure you read the fine print with the insurance since there are exceptions and time limitations for coverage.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Cosmetic surgery complications insurance

+1

If you trust your surgeon completely and he/she is competent why would you instead go to a surgeon who you trust less and is as competent or less competent? If you have properly planned surgery and follow all of your surgeons instructions the complication rate is pretty low. It seems strange to me in this day and age when there are more than enough surgeons to go around we all have to differentiate ourselves from the competition. Now we can differentiate ourselves by saying we have insurance against possible complications. We used to just say we get good results and take care of our patients so the risk of complications is minimal. What would you say if the other surgeon bought the insurance because he/she is less available to postoperative patients for aftercare so small problems tend to become bigger ones before they are addressed? Would you still want the more insured surgeon to do your surgery?

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.