Will Cosmelan Help With the Melasma On My Forehead? (photo)

WIll Cosmelan treatment be enough to help with the melasma that I have on my forehead? or is there any other treatment that is more effective?

MelaPeel and Melarase for pigmentation

+1

Brown spots and melasma are difficult problems to treat.  I do not use Cosmelan as my first line of treatment.  Rather, I begin patients with Melarase creams followed by monthly MelaPeels for pigmentation. 

What treatment for Melasma on Forehead?

+1

Hi Lupe.  Melasma can be a difficult condition to treat.  Cosmelan is a good product, but we have found it to be somewhat inconsistent with the quality because it is shipped in from overseas and then custom compounded in Hollywood.  So, when we were getting it previously, it sometimes worked very well and other times did not work at all.

We have since switched to another pharmaceutical company that provides 8% Hydroquinone (same active ingredient as Cosmelan) but it costs less, works better for our patients and does not have the same irritation that is associated with the Cosmelan mask (there is no downtime).  You can take a look at the pictures at the link below to see results.

If you would like to learn more about the treatment, we are in Orange County and Los Angeles and offer free consultations.  Thanks.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD